Its 31st January 2012 and an all new Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware update for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 has arrived which ropes in most of the new things with it. So, without wasting much time, let’s proceed to the detailed guide on how you can safely update the same. Please note that as of now Samsung has rolled out this update in select countries but if you are having an unlocked phone then you can very well apply the update. Please be informed that applying this update won’t damage your device in any manner and also the warranty won’t be void as this is the Official firmware released by Samsung in select countries.
This firmware is not a custom ROM firmware and also ensure that your phone is an unlocked one as if you apply on the locked device, the warranty will get void and also there are chances that you may also brick your phone. Irrespective of in which country you are from, you can apply this update. This firmware is dubbed as XXDLL5 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. So, let’s get started with a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware in your phone.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So once assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Update Galaxy Note II N7100 with XXDLL5 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the XXDLL5 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer along with Odin flash tool. Extract both of these packages in your computer.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn off your Galaxy Note 2 device so that it can be entered in the Download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy Note N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Once you connect your device, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow or Bluish green depending upon the Odin version indicating that all the required drivers are installed successfully and you are ready to proceed with the next step. If the ID: COM section hasn’t turned Yellow, then you can’t proceed as the firmware won’t be applied successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select “N7100XXDLL5_N7100OJVDLL2_N7100XXDLK7_HOME.tar.md5” and then click on Start to start the process of firmware update for updating the firmware. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will get rebooted and once you see the home screen, you can then disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 device.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update and also it may take longer time for the first reboot.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
So, there you go you have now successfully updated your Samsung GALAXY Note 2 n7100 smartphone with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do let us know if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.