XXDMC3 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware powered Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone can now be rooted. So, let’s check out on how you can root the same so that you can then install the apps which need root access and also you can install the custom ROM firmwares. Before we proceed to the detailed guide on how you can root your device, you will need to go through the list of essential pre requisites mentioned below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. It’s recommended that you backup with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to root the device on XXDMC3 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note 2 on XXDMC3 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware:
- Download the Rooting Package for XXDMC3 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Galaxy Note 2 can be entered in download Mode by Pressing the Volume Down + Menu Button and holding these two, press the Power button to start the device.
- Once the device is entered in the Download Mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Connect your phone to the computer and click on “PDA” to select the rooting tar file. Once the file is selected, click on “Start” to start the process of rooting process. It will take around 3 -4 minutes for booting the device as once the de
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
- Download the “ROOT CHECKER” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting.