Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can now be rooted with the help of some simple to follow instructions. Once rooted, you can then start the proceedings to install the custom ROM firmwares. The need for custom ROM firmwares is to make sure that you can then install the apps which need root access and also you can leverage on the tons of customizations which custom ROMs have to offer. So, before we proceed on to check on what are the list of instructions with which you can root the device, follow the list of quick pre requisites which you need to follow.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you have created the backup of all the data in your Note 3 either with the help of KIES or with the below mentioned manual steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will need to enable the same.
- Make sure that your Note 3 is left with the minim of 50%+ battery life or it may get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note 3:
- Download the appropriate rooting package from the below mentioned links along with Odin in your computer.
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 [3G version]
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 [LTE version]
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9006 [China]
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T [T-Mobile]
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900S [SK Telecom]
- Once downloaded both the packages, rooting package and Odin, extract both the files in your computer and open Odin.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Note 3 can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. If the device enters in the normal mode, then you will have to re try the process.
- Once Note 3 gets into the Download Mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see ID:COM section in odin to turn Blue which will indicate that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the extracted rooting package and click on “Start” for starting the process of rooting. It will take around 1-2 minutes for rooting Note 3.
- Once the device is rooted, disconnect the device and download the “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. If your device is not rooted, then you will have to re root the device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
We will very soon add more list of Galaxy Note 3 variants which can be rooted shortly as in when Chainfire releases. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you come across with any bugs / issues as we are committed to address the same at the earliest.