Procedure to Root Galaxy S on New Value Pack XXJW4 Firmware:
- Assuming that you have downloaded the New Value Pack Rooting Package from the last page in your computer, you now need to extract the same in your computer.
- From extracted file, open the odin executable file in your computer and then turn Off your device so that Galaxy S can be entered in the download mode.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered. If the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to try again entering into the download mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer, after which the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to proceed to the next step for selecting the files.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
• Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
• Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select “XXJW4_Root_AA” file from the extracted files and then click on “Start” to start the process of rooting.
- Click on “PDA” and select “CF-Root-XX_OXA_JW4-v4.4-CWM3RFS”. Once you select the file, you need to click on “Start” for starting the process of rooting. As soon as the rooting process is done, the phone will be restarted. Once you see the home screen, disconnect the phone from the computer and turn Off so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode.
Users Facing Force Close Errors:
- Once you see the home screen, you now need to remove the connected USB cable and then turn Off the device so as to enter the device in the recovery mode. Turn Off your device so that you can then enter the device in the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
So Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted Value Pack XXJW4 laden Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues.