Procedure to Root Galaxy S GT I9000 powered by Gingerbread XXJVR 2.3.4:
- First of all you will have to ensure that you have updated your Galaxy S with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.4 XXJVR after which you will have to proceed and download the XXJVR Complete Rooting Package which contains the Odin flash tool along with the tar file which we will see in the due course of this article on how you can use the same. Please note that there is a same file for granting the root access for XXJVR too which we used it for XXJVQ firmware version as till date there is no separate CF Root file present to root the Galaxy S GT I9000 on XXJVR 2.3.4 firmware.
- After downloading the complete rooting package, you will have to unzip the same, please note that as soon as you proceed to unzip the same, you will have to unzip the same to the desktop so that you can easily find all of them. In the process of unzipping if you are prompted to enter the password then enter the password as “androidadvices.com” only after which the files will be extracted. You will get two files as shown in the below screen shot.
- After extracting the files, you will see that there are two files which are present, which are the tar file and also the Odin 3 v1.7. Now just open the Odin exe file after which you just need to turn your Galaxy S Off so that you can enter tour phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button), while holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device after which you will see the below video as shown below,
- After connecting the Galaxy S GT I9000 to the computer with the help of USB cable after entering into the download mode. Please note that after you connect the phone with the computer, the ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown in the below screen shot which means that all the required drivers have been loaded successfully and you are ready to proceed for rooting the device.
- After this, you will have to click on the PDA tab and after that select the file which is named as “CF-Root-XX_UNK_JVQ-v3.7-CWM3RFS.tar”. Select the same and without changing any other variables, just click on the Start tab to start the rooting process. So, as soon as select the file, you will have to wait till the process is completed and don’t interrupt the process till the rooting process is completed.
- That’s it as soon as you click on the Start option, you will see that the device will be rooted successfully within 10 minutes of clicking on the Start and also after the process is finished, the device will be rebooting and also the Clock work mod recovery tool too will be inducted in your Galaxy S.
- Please note that with the help of the CWM recovery tool you can easily flash the kernels, flash the update.zip files, delete the backups, back up the ROMs, restore the backed ROMs etc. To enter into the recovery mode, first switch off the phone and then hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button), while holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. So, this provides a gateway to fulfill all the required customizations which you wish to apply on your Galaxy S. Do, let us know if there are any issues with the rooting process, if there are any then we will help you to get out of this.
That’s it you have now successfully rooted your Galaxy S Phone which was powered with the XXJVR 2.3.4 Firmware and you will find that the device will be having an additional Super user icon in the applications which is shown in the above screen shot. If just in case if your phone doesn’t power up or if you face any other issues then its recommended to follow the instructions to again update your phone with the XXJVR 2.3.4 Firmware from the link which is mentioned in this article a few pages before.