Users who have updated their devices with the latest Jellybean XWLS8 Firmware in their Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100 smartphones can now root their devices. XWLS8 Firmware comes with almost all the bug fixes compared to all other previous firmwares. So, to proceed with the rooting process, you will have to make sure that you have created a backup of all your data and also you need to follow some of the other mandatory steps which we have mentioned below; Please note that the rooting process which we will be checking out is the Kernel Mode and not via primitive CF Root method.
Note: Ensure that your Galaxy S2 on XWLS8 firmware which can be checked from “Settings > About Phone”. This should not be applied on any other firmware apart from XWLS8.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Backup all your data with the help of below mentioned steps manually so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also, make sure that the battery life in your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is not less than 40% as this may turn off the device in the middle of rooting update. Ensure that USB Read / Write access is there in your computer.
Disclaimer: If all the instructions are followed which are mentioned in this article, there is no possibility of bricking the phone. We should not be held responsible in any manner for damage happened to your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 due to not following the instructions.
So now assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to root your device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy S II GT I9100 on Jellybean XWLS8 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XWLS8 Jellybean 4.1.2 Rooting Kernel and odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both of the packages to the desktop.
- Turn Off your Galaxy S2 I9100 so that your device can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Once the device is entered in the Download Mode, Open Odin in your computer and connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now, click on “PDA” and then you will have to select “”. Once selected, click on “Start” to start the process of Rooting.
- Once the device is rooted, the device will be rooted. It will take around 1 -3 minutes for rooting the device. Once the device is rooted, phone will be rebooted.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store to check whether your device is rooted or not. Also, if it’s rooted, you then will have to download and install the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store.
So, there you go, you have successfully rooted your device on the XWLS8 Firmware which is on the Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section.