In a season of ICS Android 4.0 updates, seems like Galaxy S GT I9000 users are no way behind when compared in terms of updates received. So, on the similar lines we will see in the due course of this article to update your device with an all new Build 10 of ICS Android 4.0.1 update. Please note that this update is not an official release pushed by Samsung Electronics. Just few days back we saw on Build 5 as well as Build 8.
Note: Please note that this is not a Full-fledged version and is a test version. Just in case if you are eager to try this out you can but it’s not a full-fledged working version of firmware.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully. This update should only be updated to the phones which are unlocked and also only to the phones which have the model number as I9000 and not even I9000B / i9000T etc.
IMPORTANT: So, before proceeding to the next page you need to follow the list of Quick Pre Requisites which are mentioned in the above link.
So, before we proceed let’s check out on what are the Highlights of this firmware Build 10 of ICS.
Highlights of Build 10 ICS 4.0.1 Firmware:
Known Issues in Build 10:
- 720p Video Recording laggy
- Camera does not support scene modes
- FM Radio does not work.
- Face Unlock does not work BUILD 10+ need new GApps
- Phone unnecessarily gets data connection on device encryption password enter screen.
- Cannot format external SD (Can format SD CARD in FAT 32)
- Sometimes duplicates listing of external SD files in the media database
- Battery usage display higher than normal.
- Sometime wrong SMS selected for forwarding
- Format internal instead of external SD when requested to format ext. SD
- Transfer speed slows down when screen off
- Cannot authenticate new apps for root
- Data sometimes get disabled on boot
Issues which are Solved in Build 10:
- No hardware composition (but hardware acceleration works)
- Video recording does not work.
- Video playback is not hardware-accelerated.
- The front camera produces distorted preview.
- Photo taking does not work with the front camera.
- Some camera options FC. (The camera is a temporary hack, when the Nexus S ICS source is released, there will be a proper fix.)
- Movie Studio does not work.
- Wi Fi automatically turns on after quitting airplane mode if Wi Fi was used during airplane mode.
- Data Roaming is enabled by default
So, let’s head to the next page where we will see on what are the instructions to apply this ICS Build 10.