Procedure to Update ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware on Xperia mini Pro:
- First up you need to download ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once you download the same, you need to connect the phone to the computer with the help of USB cable.
- Now, copy the downloaded Zip file in your phone, place he same in the root of your device and remove the connected USB cable.
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Press the Power button and while the device is rebooted, press the Volume Rockers a few times to boot into the Recovery. Once the device boots into the Recovery, use the side Volume Rocker to move around, & the Power button to select
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware Zip file which you have placed in your phone. It will take around 10 minutes for the whole process of update to get completed. Once the update process is done, the device will be landing up in the recovery mode. Now, select “++++ Go Back ++++” > “reboot system now” so that the device is re booted successfully.
Tip: Restore all the data which you have taken the backup before and also ensure that you have also restored the APN settings which are responsible for accessing the internet. If the device enters in the boot loop mode then you need to again apply the firmware by following the above steps.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Xperia mini Pro phone easily. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same as soon as possible.