Procedure to Update Sony Ericsson Xperia mini Pro with Cyanogen Mod 7.2 Update:
Before proceeding, you need to first up Unlock the Bootloader and Root your Xperia mini Pro by following the instructions mentioned in the corresponding link.
- First up you need to download the Cyanogen Mod Zip Package into your computer and with the help of 7 Zip you need to unzip the same to get the boot image file, Google Apps and also the Cyanogen Mod 7.2 update file. Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Now, copy the boot.img file to the folder of “Fast boot” (/tools folder in the Android SDK folder) and then place the Update.zip file of Cyanogen Mod 7.2 along with the Google Apps Zip file into the device’s SD card.
- After this, disconnect the device from the computer and then turn Off the phone. Now, after turning the device off Press & hold the Search button while connecting the Sony Ericsson Xperia mini Pro to the computer.
- In your computer, open the terminal or the command prompt to enter the command line which is mentioned below.
fastboot -i 0xfce flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0xfce reboot
- Now, while the device is rebooting, you need to now use the volume buttons to boot into the Clock Work Mod Recovery. Once you boot into the Clock Work Mod recovery, with the help of the Volume keys press the power button to select. Additionally, you can also backup the current installed firmware so that just in case if you wish to restore back to your stock ROM, you can do so by Clock Work Mod Recovery.
- After this, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe cache partition”. Now, select the option of “Install zip from sd card”, “Choose zip from sd card” after which you will see that many files will be listed out of which you need to select the option of “Cyanogen Mod update.zip” and also the “Google Apps” Zip file.
- So, once the installation is done, you will then need to select the option of “ ++++ Go Back ++++” to get back to the main menu where you will have to select “Reboot System Now”. After around 2 minutes, the device will be rebooted successfully and the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 7.2 is installed successfully.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.