Dell Streak 7 users can too make use of the latest ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware version. Though this is not an official firmware version released by Dell but is a custom ROM firmware developed by a third party developer. As of now there is no ETA on by when there will be an official update pushed by Dell but as per our sources there won’t be official ICS update. This firmware ropes in the latest 4.0.3 firmware and since it’s still in the beta stages, there will be some issues but will be addressed in the coming versions. All thanks to Cyanogen MOD 9 release which makes this port possible.
Rooting Information: Please be informed, once this procedure is applied the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by re locking the boot loader again for which we will try to come up with an article on androidadvices.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
There are some essential pre requisites which you need to follow before applying this update. It’s very important to follow all the instructions so as to ensure that whole process gets completed safely and securely.
- GApps (most of them)
- Rotation Sensors
- Screen shots (Power and Volume- to activate)
- Capacitive buttons
- Video Accleration
- System Mount
- Some Lag
- 3G/4G Radios
- Data present in your Dell Streak 7 phone needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned instructions so that just in case if the data gets erased or corrupted, the same can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned instructions.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Ensure that you have installed the Clock Work Mod recovery in the device and also the ADB should be installed in your device.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Dell Streak 7 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. (Below image is just for Illustration and may differ in your device).
So, now assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Dell Streak 7. This article should be only applied to the phones which are dubbed as Dell Streak 7 and not to any similar devices. If this update is applied to any other phone then it may brick the device.