Galaxy GRAND 2 is announced recently and for all those users who are feeling dejected can now rejoice as you can now update your device firmware with the latest KitKat 4.4.1 Android firmware. With added features and stability fixes, this custom ROM firmware is a sure hit. So, let’s check out on how you can update with this all new firmware in some simple steps. Unfortunately, Samsung hasn’t clarified yet on by when there will be an official firmware update for the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy GRAND I9082 Android smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are creating the backup with the help of below mentioned steps ONLY and not with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy GRAND so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Battery charge left in your Galaxy GRAND Android smartphone should be not less than 40% so as to make sure that the process of firmware doesn’t get affected in the middle.
- Before proceeding, make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your phone is not rooted, root the same with the help of below mentioned steps.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Once you have rooted your device successfully, proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware of Kitkat 4.4 firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy GRAND I9082 with KitKat 4.4.1 firmware:
- Download KitKat 4.4.1 Android firmware package from here to your computer along with the Google Apps Package.
- Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer. Place the 2 downloaded zip files in your device and disconnect the device from computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Galaxy GRAND I9082 can be entered into the recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Alternatively, you can also enter the recovery mode with the help of “ROM Manager” app. In recovery mode, select corresponding options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Gen Next ROM Firmware Zip Package which you have placed in your phone. Now, once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”.
- Please note that it might take 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. Once the update is applied and once you see the home screen in your device, you can disconnect the device from computer.
- To check on whether the firmware is applied successfully or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as KitKat 4.4.1 firmware.
Note: If at all your Galaxy GRAND smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of KitKat 4.4.1 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy GRAND I9082 Android smartphone.