XXAMD6 for Galaxy GRAND I9082 smartphone can now be manually updated with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. So, before you proceed, let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites which you need to follow before heading to the detailed procedure.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Grand should be backed up manually with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you don’t
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode. Also, make sure that the minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update increases which may even brick your Galaxy GRAND.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you now need to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update GALAXY GRAND I9082 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XXAMD6 for Galaxy GRAND I9082 Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the folders in your computer.
- The Galaxy GRAND can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your GALAXY Grand Smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Blue / Yellow.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you have got after extraction to click on “Start”. Once you click on “Start”, the process of firmware update will start. Please note that it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update and once the update is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues.