Procedure to Update Galaxy W I8150 with Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXLM6 Firmware:
- Assuming that you have already downloaded the Gingerbread 2.3.6 Update in your computer, you can now proceed to extract the same and open the Odin executable file in your computer.
- Turn off your phone so that it can then be entered in the Download Mode. Enter the device into Download Mode by pressing down on Volume Down button and OK button and Power On button at the same time.
- Now, up next you need to connect the Handset to PC via Data Cable. Make sure ID:COM box highlighted yellow that the handset is connected to the PC.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- After this, in Odin you will have to select the corresponding options as mentioned below.
OPS – Ancora.ops
Click on “One Package” option
One Package – I8150XXLM6_I8150OXXLC1_I8150XXLM6_HOME.tar.md5
- After clicking on “Start”, the process of firmware update will be started. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully and once you see the home screen plug out the USB cable.
- Turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode. The Galaxy W I8150 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
So Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of XXLM6 in your Samsung Galaxy W GT8150. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues.