Procedure to Update Galaxy W I8150 with Value Pack Update:
- Download the Value Pack ZSLD1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware Package from here to your computer and once you download the same, extract to find the contents which are shown in the below screen capture. Even if single file is missing, you need to again.
- Turn off your phone so that it can then be entered in the Download Mode. Enter the device into Download Mode by pressing down on Volume Down button and OK button and Power On button at the same time.
- Connect the Handset to PC via Data Cable. Make sure ID:COM box highlighted yellow that the handset is connected to the PC.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Now, you need to click on the below mentioned tabs to select the corresponding files in Odin.
- Click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update and once the firmware update is applied the device will then be rebooted. Once the device is updated successfully and once you see the home screen pull out the USB cable.
- Turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode. The Galaxy W I8150 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
So Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of ZSLD1 in your Samsung Galaxy W GT8150. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues.