Paranoid Android 3.10 Jelly Bean Custom ROM is here for your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 smartphone. This all new Paranoid custom ROM firmware ropes in all the goodness of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware including the new User interface, photo-spheric camera to name few. This is the latest AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and also comes with the goodness of Project butter partly which completely redefines the user interface by making optimum use of resources. So, let’s check out on how you can apply this update in your phone with the help of simple instructions. We have also mentioned the screen captures which will help you know on how this firmware looks like.
Note: For applying this update, you will have to first root the device. With the help of below mentioned quick pre requisites you can root your Galaxy Note N7000.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note N7000 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually. Don’t use KIES or any other tools like ROM Manager to back up the data because you may not be able to restore the data correctly.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
- Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Check whether your Galaxy Note N7000 smartphone is rooted or not. To check, you need to download the “Root Checker” app from PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you can root the same.
Let’s check out on how you can apply this update with the help of a detailed guide.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Paranoid Android 3.10 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download Paranoid Android 3.10 Jelly Bean Custom ROM Firmware and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Place these two files in your device and disconnect the device from computer. Ensure that you are not placing the files deep into the sub folders.
- Download ROM Manager in your phone so that you can flash the Clock Work Mod Recovery image in your Galaxy Note N7000. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in the Recovery Mode manually.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy note N7000 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. Just in case if the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” to select the Firmware Zip file and Google Apps Package in the same manner. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying both the firmware package.
- To check the firmware version, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as ICS 4.0.4 Firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.2.2 in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you need any assistance.