Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 smartphone can now be updated with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware which is dubbed as DXALL7. The best part of this update is that it fixes all the issues related to overheating and force close issues in some of the apps including the latest Temple Run 2. So, before we proceed on how to apply this firmware update, there are some set of quick pre requisites which you need to follow so as to make sure that the firmware update process gets done safely. Though this firmware hasn’t been rolled out to all the countries, it’s expected to be rolled out very soon but you can apply this update manually with the help of below mentioned tutorial.
Note: This firmware is the Official firmware released by Samsung and not the beta or the custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 should be backed up ONLY with the help of below mentioned steps manually as it will help you restore the same easily. Also don’t use ROM Manager to create a backup of all the data as it may even brick your device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So assuming that you have now followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have instructions on how to apply the firmware update of Jellybean 4.1.2 DXALL7 firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 with Jellybean 4.1.2 DXALL7 firmware:
- Download with Jellybean 4.1.2 DXALL7 firmware Update Package & odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to extract the same in your computer preferably to the desktop.
- Now, turn off the device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The download mode in Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Once the download mode is entered, you will have to Open Odin in your computer. Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then all you need to do is to just ensure that the ID : COM section has turned yellow /Blue depending upon your Odin version. If the ID: COM section doesn’t turn Yellow / Blue, you will need to re install the drivers / KIES tool in your computer.
- Once the ID: COM section turns yellow / blue, you will have to click on “PDA” to select “” and then click on “Start” tab in Odin for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will see that the device will be rebooted.
- Once you see the home screen or the country selector code, you will need to disconnect the device from computer and check whether the firmware has been updated or not. To check, navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the Firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.2 DXALL7.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.