Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 with ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Download the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 ICS 4.0.4 Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files in your computer and open odin in your computer. Once the firmware zip file is extracted, you will get the file which is “P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5”.
- Now, turn Off your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 so that it can be entered in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down + power button and then once the device is powered ON you will have to keep pressing the Volume Down button till it gives out the prompt to select the option of “Download Mode”. Select the same and connect your device with the computer using the original USB cable.
- Now, once you connect the device, you will see that the ID : COM Section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been installed successfully and you are ready to proceed with the file selections.
Note: If the ID: COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select “P6810OXALPK_P6810XXLPK_HOME.tar.md5” from the extracted file. Once the file is selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. It will take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying this update.
- Once the device is updated with the update, the device will be rebooted automatically. Once you see the language selection tool and country selection option in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, you can disconnect the connected USB cable and use it normally.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
- You can check on whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not from the path “Settings > About Tablet” where the firmware version will be shown as ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.
Do let us know if you face any issues in the process of applying this firmware update. So there you go, you have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 device with the latest version of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware version.