If you are thinking on that, not the best has come out yet in terms of Custom ROM firmware for your LG Optimus 3D then you need to give it a thought as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how one can easily install an all new firmware which is dubbed as ThiaiZ O3D V2.7.1 GB custom ROM firmware. Over a period of this article, we will be checking out on what are the list of instructions you need to follow in the pre requisites section followed by the detailed tutorial. Also, we have listed all the features which this custom ROM firmware comes along with below so that it will help you to decide on whether you should apply this update or not.
Features of V2.7.1 GB Custom ROM Firmware:
- Base: V21d + LG Prada V10h official.NEW
- Kernel:ThiaiZ Custom Kernel V0.5
- Everything from LG is still there. (No Gulliver’s book + O3D LGHome.apk)
- 3D converter.
- LG Framework,LG Prada Launcher and SystemUI are optimized for speed and memory.
- Some LG apps and widgets also optimized for speed and memory.
- LG Prada launcher.
- LG Prada IME.
- LG Prada network usage widget.
- LG Prada Camera app with ZOOM.
- LG Spectrum in touch widget.
- LG Spectrum Desk clock.
- LG Spectrum Digital clock widget.
- New Ringtones,Message tones and Alarm tones.
- WIFI Killer + LG O2X Weather Widget + FM Radio +Onlive + Root browser (Just free apps on my ROM)
- Changed Bootanimation.NEW
- Original 3D games (Nova,Golf2,Asphalt6) are patched to be installed on SDCARD.
- My Gingerbread theme in it.
- New wallpapers (LG ones are gone).
- Sony Bravia Engine.
- Sony XPLOD Engine.
- HTC Beats.NEW
- ThiaiZ Smoothness tweak V0.3 (Working together with LG Prada launcher, making it very smooth).
- Increased I/O reading speed with performance pack from O2X.
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full PowerVR SGX 540 (GPU) rendering.
- SIP over 3G.
- MMs.apk tweaked.
- Init.d new tweaks (zipalign on boot, RAM management, NEW SDbooster=128kb).
- RTL Support.NEW
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Warranty Information: Please note that once you apply this update, the warranty will get void, the only way with which you can reclaim the warranty is by re applying the original factory firmware which we will try to come out with the same.
- In the process of rooting your device, there is a possibility that the data may get lost or corrupted. So, it’s better to back up all the data so that just in case if any data is lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 80% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your LG Optimus 3D from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Your Phone should be Unlocked and installed with Custom Recovery Image which you can do by following the corresponding instructions.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions carefully, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in your phone.