Procedure to Update Motorola Droid RAZR with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update:
- To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you need to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and then check on whether the device is rooted or not, if its not rooted then you need to Root Motorola Droid RAZR.
- Download the Jellybean 4.1 Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to ensure that you are not unzipping it.
- Connect your Motorola Droid Razr XT 910 device to your computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the downloaded zip file in your device’s internal memory.
- Disconnect the device and boot the device in the recovery mode. Press Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to start he device in the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down key. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition as this will wipe all the corrupt data if at all present in your phone.
- Up next you need to select “install zip from SD Card” and press the power button to select the same and choose the file “Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Package” and tap on “Ok” to proceed with the same.
- It will take around 3 – 4 minutes for applying this update. Once it’s processed, select “Go back” and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
Note: Just in case if the device doesn’t boot up or say gets into the boot loop sequence, you need to long press the power button or reinsert the battery to turn off the device and retry the whole process from start.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the latest update of Jellybean 4.1 firmware update in your device.