Correctly said by Motorola Inc., your Motorola Droid Razr has just got better. After the recent reports about the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, the Droid Razr has just got an update and this time most of the bugs are solved. So, in the due course of this article we will not only help you on how you can get the update but also we will check out now hat are the things which are improved and added in this update. This all new update is dubbed as 6.11.747.XT912 and is currently pushed by Verizon Wireless slowly to all the batches of handsets.
Enhancements in 6.11.747.XT912 Update for Droid Razr:
- Sim notification error has been fixed,
- Camera quality has been improved along with added features and quality,
- Improved stability of menu access, Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player to prevent Force Close errors and lockups.
- Group Message notification has been updated,
- 3G / 4G Data connectivity has been improved,
- Now, maintains the network connection automatically after completion of Voice call,
- Background Color has been matched to improve the readability in the lap dock connection along with slight modification in the UI Menu items too.
Note: In the process of this firmware update, there is a possibility that your critical data may get lost or corrupted, so ensure that you have created the backup by following the below mentioned tips.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Also, ensure that the phone with the minimum of 60% charge or else the device may even get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Procedure to Update Motorola Droid Razr with 6.11.747.XT912:
- First up, you need to head to your home. From your home screen, you need to go to the path “Settings > About phone > System updates > Download”.
- Once you follow the above mentioned path, you will be getting a prompt as shown in the below screen capture. Please note that once you see the prompt which is shown below, you need to ensure that you are having the high speed internet connection as its an OTA update (Over the Air) and is of 57.1 MB.
- So as soon as the update is downloaded and installed successfully, the phone will be rebooting automatically. It will take around 5 minutes to reboot he phone ass it’s the first restart.
- Once the phone gets rebooted, you may be asked to enter your Google Account credentials etc. Enter the same and there you go, you have now successfully install the latest firmware on your Motorola Droid Razr.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues. We will try to fix them as soon as possible.