Procedure to Update Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware in Motorola Droid Razr:
- Download the Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer. Ensuring that you have already installed the Safe Strap in your Droid Razr and are on the Rooted firmware, you can now connect your phone to the computer and copy this zip file in your device’s SD Card. Ensure that you are connecting the device in the “USB Mass Storage” mode.
- Once you have finished copying the Zip file, you now need to disconnect the phone and turn Off the device so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons. Now, press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up to enter your Droid Razr in the recovery mode.
- Now, just in case if your device says “Safe system is DISABLED”, you now need to enable the same first, choose “Safe Boot” option. After this, select the option of “Toggle Safe System” > “Yes” after which it will show as “Enabled”.
- Up next select “Go Back” > “wipe data/factory reset” > “Yes” > “wipe cache partition” > “Yes”. Now, select “mounts and storage” > “format /system” > “Yes” > “++++ Go Back ++++” to choose “advanced” > “Wipe Dalvik Cache” > “Yes” > “++++ Go Back ++++”.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Eclipse Custom Firmware package which you have placed in your phone. Once selected, it will take around 5 – 10 minutes for applying this update.
- As soon as its updated, you either need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” with the help of Volume rocker keys or the device will be automatically rebooted.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your Motorola Droid Razr with the best custom ROM firmware dubbed as Eclipse Custom ROM Firmware.