Paranoid Saber Droid Android custom ROM firmware for Nexus 5 smartphone will make sure that you get the best out of KitKat 4.4 OS. While Nexus 5 users no doubt are enjoying one of the best in class latest KitKat 4.4.2 Android OS, but you can further experience the best of additional features with Paranoid Saber Droid. So after checking out the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, let’s head over to the next step where we have detailed out the procedure which will help you update the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s highly recommended that you should backup all your data with the help of below mentioned steps manually as this is the custom ROM firmware which you will be updating with.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, ensure that USB Debugging is enabled in your Nexus 5 smartphone. Also make sure that your Nexus 5 is left with a minimum of 50% battery life.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, make sure that your device is rooted. You can check on whether your device is rooted or not with the help of Root Checker app. Also, you need to make sure at some CWM version of recovery is installed in your device which can be done by the apps like ROM Manager.
Once you are done with above mentioned pre requisite instructions, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to update the device.
Procedure to Update Nexus 5 with KitKAT 4.4.2 based Panranoid Saber Droid Firmware:
- Download Paranoid Saber Droid KitKat 4.4.2 firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, place the same in your device.
- Disconnect the device and connect your phone to computer with the help of original USB cable and oplace these two zip files in your device. Now, all you need to do is to enter the device in Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode in Nexus 5 can be entered by ROM Manager app. Alternatively you can also enter your device into the recovery mode with the help of Command prompt.
- In recovery mode, Clear the Cache and Wipe the data with the help of appropriate steps. Once done, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Jellybean 4.4.2 Android which you have placed in your phone and then the Google Apps Package.
- Once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. The whole process of firmware update will take around 10-12 minutes. Once the firmware is updated successfully, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned.
Note: If at all your Nexus 5 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off long press the power button.
This firmware is only applicable to Nexus 5 smartphone and not to any other smartphones. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.