Samsung Galaxy A3 Android smartphone users may have to wait for some time for getting the Android 5.0 lollipop update as all thanks to the latest KitKat 4.4.4 which Samsung was working on it for quite a while. While Chinese markets was the first one to receive the Galaxy A3 Android smartphone, the firmware too will be rolled out in China to start off with and then this will be passed on to other countries. This new update comes with many bug fixes along with some new features as well.
This new firmware is dubbed as ZCU1ANJ8. So let’s check out in detail on what are the list of quick pre requisites you need to follow after which we have detailed the list of instructions which will help you update the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data present in your device manually with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES or any other tools.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure that your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode which can be enabled from the Settings.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you now need to proceed to check out on what are the steps with which you can apply this firmware update.
Procedure to update Galaxy A3 by Samsung with Official KitKat 4.4.4 ZCU1ANJ8:
- Download the Firmware zip file along with the Odin tool from here to your computer. Once downloaded unzip both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Galaxy A3 can be entered into the download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- If the device boots in the normal mode, you need to retry the process of getting your device booted in the Download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy A3 to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got in the Step 1.
- Once you select the tar file, you need to click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Firmware update process will take around 3 -4 minutes and once updated, you will then have to wait for the device to reboot.
- Once the device is rebooted, you now need to then check the firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone”.
Note: If your device gets in the boot loop mode, you now need tore follow the above instructions from the start.
So there you go, you have successfully learnt on how to update your device with the latest version of KitKat 4.4.4 Android OS. We will come up with many more custom ROM firmwares in coming days to come.