Procedure to install Gingerbread XXJVR 2.3.4 in Galaxy S GT I9000:
- After downloading the zip package of Gingerbread XXJVR 2.3.4 on your computer or laptop, all you need to do is to just proceed to unzip the same preferable on your desktop so that it becomes simple to find the file as you will have to next proceed to extract the same.
- Now, right click on the downloaded zip file and choose the option of “Extract Files”, as soon as you do that you will be asked to choose the path where you wish to store. If you are not sure then you can see the path mentioned in the below screen shot so that accordingly you can extract the same on desktop.
- Once you give the path and click on the “Extract Files”, you will now be prompted to enter the password. The password which needs to be entered is the “androidadvices.com”. As soon as you extract successfully you will get the extracted contents as shown in the below screen shot. Just in case any file is missing then you will have to again download the whole firmware zip file from above link. There will be 6 files in all as you can see in the below screen shot.
***Kindly ignore the Odin which comes in the Zip Package, Kindly download and unzip the Odin Package from here to use the same to update the firmware of your phone.***
- Now, from the extracted files all you need to do is to open the Odin executable file. Now, after this you will have to put your phone in the download mode. For putting the phone into the download mode, you first will have to turn Off the phone and then you will have to enter the phone into the download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Now, if you have successfully entered into the download mode then you will see a green screen which is shown below. Please note that if the device boots in the normal mode with the home screen then retry the process and if despite retrying you are unable to get into download mode then you will have to fix the download mode error for your phone.
- Now, as soon as you get into the download mode, you will have to connect the Galaxy S GT I9000 to the computer with the help of USB cable while Odin opened in the desktop. As soon as you connect the phone, you will see that first ID:COM box as shown below will turn yellow and in the message box you will see that it will show ADDED as shown in the below snapshot.
Video Tutorial :