Procedure to Update Galaxy S with RC 4 ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Before proceeding to the next page, you need to ensure that you are on the XXJVU Firmware as this firmware of RC 4 works better on XXJVU firmware build. Apart from updating, you also need to root the phone.
- Once you are done with the rooting process, enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” after which you need to tick on the USB Debugging option as shown in the below screen capture.
- Download ICS Android 4.0.3 RC 4.1 Package from here to your computer. After downloading, connect the device to the computer with the help of USB cable and copy the downloaded zip file in the device, preferably in the SD Card.
- After copying, disconnect the connected USB cable and turn Off the phone to enter the device in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, select options “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the cache present in the device.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then select the zip file which you placed in the phone “ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.1_I9000.zip”after which you will see that it will take around 15 – 20 minutes for applying this update. After this, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
For users Getting Force Close errors:
- If you are getting the force close errors then you will have to clear the cache from the recovery mode by selecting the options Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
Congratulations you are now on the latest firmware of RC 4 ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware. Just in case if you face any sort of issues then do let us know in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
Wi Fi Fix – Available Now