Time to pop your Samsung Galaxy POP S5570, yes you have heard it right! In the due course of this article we will see on how you can install the latest firmware of Gingerbread 2.3.6 which is dubbed as DDKQ7. This update will soon be pushed via KIES tool for all Galaxy POP S5570 users if you are from India. As a proud android advices reader, you now have the privilege to update your phone even before it comes to you from the KIES. Please note that users from other countries apart from INDIA too can apply this update for all the Galaxy mini phones. The only condition you need to ensure is that the phone should not be the network locked phone and should accommodate any sim card. it was the last time when we saw on how to update your device with the Gingerbread 2.3.4 version of firmware.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t require you to root the phone and also applying this firmware won’t root the phone which means that the warranty too won’t be void.
- If you are already on the rooted firmware then the rooting access will be revoked after applying this firmware. Not to worry as we will soon be coming up with the rooting procedure.
Tip: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article so as to safe facilitation of the update.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy POP S5570 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
So, before proceeding you need to ensure that you follow the below mentioned pre Requisites.
Essential Pre Requisites:
It has been found that despite mentioning repeated times users are not following the instructions properly. WE HAVE TESTED THIS FIRMWARE AND IT’S WORKING FOR US. So, please stick to the instructions which are mentioned below.
- Backup all your data ONLY using the instructions which are mentioned below, don’t use KIES PC Suite to back up the data as since it’s a beta firmware, KIES won’t be recognizing the device after this update.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- After this you need to enable the USB Debugging in your phone. “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. After this, you need to disable / close all the tools like Firewalls, Antivirus suites as these generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Ensure that the KIES is updated with the latest version so as to make sure that all the device drivers are installed successfully.
Special Instructions for users on Custom ROM Firmware:
- If you are on ANY of the custom ROM firmwares then you need to enter into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In recovery mode, select options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and also you need to select the option of “Clear Dalvik Cache” after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now after which all the cache files will get deleted.
Assuming that you have followed all the pre requisite instructions mentioned in the above link, you need to proceed to the next page where we will see on what is the procedure to apply this update of Samsung Galaxy POP S5570 with the Gingerbread DDKQ7 2.3.6.