Procedure to Update Android 4.0.3 XXLP2 Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100:
- Download ICS XXLP2 Android 4.0.3 Firmware Package from here to your computer and once it’s done, you need to extract the same. In the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “android” without inverted comas.
- As soon as the files are extracted, you need to match all the files from the below mentioned screen capture so as to ensure that all the files are downloaded and extracted successfully. Please note that even if single file is missing then you need to check with downloading or extraction process. The total size of downloaded file is ***.** MB.
- Now, enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and tick the option. After this, turn Off the phone so as to get the phone into the download mode.
- The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown as shown in the below Video tutorial.
- Once device is entered into the download mode, Open Odin in your computer and while keeping Odin opened, connect Galaxy S2 to the computer with the help of USB cable.
Danger: If the phone refuses to get into the Download Mode despite repeated attempts then you should not proceed to the next step.
- Within a minute, you should see that ID: COM section in odin will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers are updated successfully and you are ready to proceed to next step.
Note: Please note that if the ID : COM doesn’t turn yellow then install Samsung USB Drivers, .net framework and also you need to update the KIES with the latest version so that the missing drivers are installed.
- In Odin, click on below mentioned respective tabs and select the corresponding files as mentioned below.
PIT – u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit
PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXLP2_CL57619_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5,
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXLP1_REV_02_CL1095381.tar.md5
CSC – GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALP2.tar.md5
- After selecting the files mentioned above, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once its finished, the device will be restarted after which it may prompt you to enter the Google Account credentials as well as other Internet credentials.
- You need to skip all of these and turn Off the phone so as to enter the device in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Now, in recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option. If the device boots normally then again you need to try the same to enter into the recovery mode.
- Just to ensure that the firmware is applied successfully, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will find the version of XXLP2 Android 4.0.3 firmware. If there is any other version then do let us know in the comments section below.
Note: Restore all the data which you have taken the backup before and also ensure that you have also restored the apn settings which are responsible for accessing the internet.
So in this way you have successfully applied the firmware of XXLP2 on your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below as we will try our level best to address all your issues at the earliest.