For all SONY Xperia Z users, the Stock firmware hardly delivers / lives up to your battery needs and to address this concern, Avatar ROM 4.0 has arrived which promises to fix the low battery issue and also ropes in the goodness of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS. The best part of this firmware is that it comes with the blessings of Cyanogen Mod ROM team who has built this Nightly release. So, before we move onto the detailed guide which will help you root, follow the list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Data present in your SONY Xperia Z Android Phone should be backed up manually so that just in case if any of the data gets corrupted / lost, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- In your SONY Xperia Z, enable the USB Debugging Mode from “Menu > Settings > Applications > Development option”. Minimum battery left in your XPERIA Z Android Phone should be > 50% or else the device might just get turn Off in the middle of rooting.
- This firmware being the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that the device is rooted. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, check the same with the help of “Root Checker” app.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your SONY XPERIA Z Android Phone due to not following instructions.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you install this latest Avatar ROM based on the Cyanogen mod firmware.
Procedure to Update SONY XPERIA Z with Jellybean 4.3 Avatar ROM:
- Download the XPERIA Z Drivers from here to your computer. Once downloaded install the same. After installing drivers in your computer, Download the Avatar ROM 4.0 Custom ROM Firmware and Google Apps Package from here to your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and place the two downloaded zip files in the device.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Boot the Xperia Z into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. The recovery mode will be entered and the same will be indicated.
- In recovery mode, with the help of Volume Buttons, select the option of “Wipe data / factory reset” and yes to confirm the same. Once the data has been wiped, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under the Advance option.
- Select the option of “Install Zip From sd card” to choose the Zip from SD Card of Avatar ROM Firmware Zip and then followed by the Google Apps Package and press the Power button to confirm the same.
- Please note that the whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes. Once the firmware is updated successfully, head over to Menu >> Settings >> About phone >> Software info to verify the new firmware running on the device.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then long press the Power button to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to address the same.