Android N, one of the best OS for Android will be announced in the upcoming Google I/O on May, 18, 2016. But, Google threw a surprise at everyone by releasing the 1st Preview Release of Android N to the latest Nexus devices. If you can’t wait to install this update, then we will guide you to install this new OS in the quickest possible time in your Nexus device. Android N comes with tons of new features which truly enhances the overall experience with Android. The best part is that installing Android N in your device is simpler than ever as the new update directly comes as an OTA update in your device.
Let’s check out on which are the devices in which you can install Android N along with the detailed guide.
Supported Devices for Android N Preview:
• Nexus 6
• Nexus 9
• Nexus 5X
• Nexus 6P
How to Install Android N in Nexus 6/9/5X/6P:
- Navigate to the webpage g.co/androidbeta to enroll your device in the Android Beta Program after which you need to enter your Google account credentials which is tied to your Nexus device.
Scroll down in the page to find “Eligible Devices” which are logged in from your Google account.
- Select the Nexus device to enroll into the Android Beta Programme and click on “Enroll device” as shown in the below screen capture and then agree the terms and conditions by tapping on the “Join Beta”.
Now, you will see the pop up mentioning about the device getting enrolled in Android Beta Programme.
- Once done, the update notification in your device might take a maximum of 24 hours. In some cases, the update notification may also come instantly as shown in the below screen capture.
- Once you receive the notification, tap on Download and install the same. Once the firmware is downloaded successfully, restart the device as mentioned in the below screen capture to complete the firmware update process.
You will receive constant updates of Android N as in when Google releases the update for your device. There might be many preview releases for Android N and may be upto 5 releases till the final version comes to public.
- Please note that you will not receive OTA updates if you previously manually flashed Android Marshmallow on to that device.
Do let us know in the comments section on how was your experience with Android N and also let us know just in case if you come across with any issues in the process of updating your device.