How do i Enable ADB on Amazon Kindle Fire
Want to customize the Kindle fire, then we are here to guide you with the same. To enable the ADB in the Kindle there are two ways, which we will see in the due course of this article. While most of the forums have discussed about just one method but we are here with the two methods along with a detailed instructions for the same. Once you install ADB in your Kindle Fire powered by Amazon, you can easily side load the applications of your choice and at a later stage even Android Market Place can be ported on Amazon kindle Fire along with many tweaks like installation of custom ROM and rooting process too.
Please note that it has been found that some users have lost all the data which was there in their Amazon Kindle fire, so it’s highly recommended that you have created a backup of all your data so that just in case if you face any issues then you can restore back the data. Ensure that the battery is left with charge with the minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of the ADB process.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
Method 1: (Express method):
- First up you need to connect the Amazon Kindle fire with a computer which has a full USB Read / Write access. Once its connected, you need to go to the path “Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt” or you can directly too get into the Command Prompt by using the shortcut key “Win + R”, enter string as “cmd” and press “enter” to start the command prompt in your computer.
- Once, you are into the command prompt, you will have to enter the command line as shown below, you will not be able to copy the command, you need to manually enter the same.
echo 0x1949 >> “%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini
- Upon entering the command, hit on Enter and ensure that the device is connected to the computer.
- In the process, it will add the Vendor ID (Ox1949) at the end of the Users\%your_user_name%\.android\adb_usb.ini file, so that the Android SDK tools can communicate with the connected Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Once the process is finished, you will have to then enable the “Unknown Sources” option which will be there in the Settings so that you can then side load the applications.
So, in this way you have successfully installed the ADB in your Kindle fire, just in case if you were unable to get the access then you need to follow the below mentioned Method 2.
Method 2: (Traditional method):
- Just in case if you were unable to get ADB installed by following the above method then you will have to follow the instructions which are mentioned in the below link and then follow the instructions which are mentioned above as some times the ADB needs to be installed in the computer along with some of the drivers.
- Once you are done with the instructions which are mentioned in the above link, proceed with the steps mentioned in the “Method 1” above to get the ADB installed on your Kindle Fire.
So, in this way you have successfully seen on how you can easily enable ADB on Amazon Kindle Fire without need ting to follow many steps.