How to Enable Google Gtalk Video & Audio on Galaxy S
In an age of custom ROMs which still many of the users don’t want to go for where there are plenty of array of tweaks as well as other benefits are available. So for all those who are using Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000, we will now see on how you can update your phone with the Gtalk version which comes with Voice / Video capability. So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can easily update your Galaxy S so that you can enjoy the Gtalk with this capability. Please note that in the due course of this update you will not be losing any sorts of data and also to top of it it’s a very simple procedure with which you can update your Gtalk.
Please ensure that you are having the Galaxy S GT I9000 only and this is not tested on any other phones. So, we are not clear off whether this procedure will actually run or not. As there is no harm in trying out whether this will run in your device or not, you can always check for the same but you will have to carefully follow the instructions which are mentioned below.
So, let’s get started with the procedure on how to enjoy Video as well as Free voice calling service. Please note that this procedure will only work with the Gingerbread 2.3.x versions and this Gtalk Video Chat is not compatible with the Froyo as well as in all the earlier versions. So, before following this you need to ensure that you are either on XXJVP, XXJVQ or in XXJVR version and also correspondingly you also need to ensure that you have rooted the same.
All the procedures of rooting of XXJVP, XXJVQ and XXJVR can be referred from the links in this sentence. Though this process won’t erase any of your data but it’s always better to backup all your crucial data which is present in your phone and also note that rooting basically voids the warranty, though this can be un done by applying any of the stock ROMs again.
- So, after ensuring that your Galaxy S GT I9000 is in the Gingerbread 2.3.x version of firmware along with the root access, you will now have to proceed to download the Enhanced Google Talk Zip file in your computer. Now, once you download this in your computer, without renaming the same, you need to copy this Zip file in your phone.
- Please note that while copying the file, you will have to make sure that you don’t copy this file deep into any path which will be difficult to find. You can transfer this zip file as it is by connecting the USB cable to your phone.
- After you copy the file, you will now have to plug out the USB cable and then turn Off the phone so that then you can turn ON in the recovery mode so as to flash the same.
- Now, you need to enter the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Please note that if the device restarts automatically as a normal reboot then you will have to repeat the process to enter into the recovery mode.
- Just in case if you don’t know on how the recovery mode, then you can refer the below video as we have mentioned a simple tutorial on how to enter the same.
- Now, in the recovery mode you will find many options as you can see in the below screen shot like “reboot system now”, “apply update from sdcard”, “wipe data / factory reset”, “wipe cache partition”, “install zip from sd card”, “backup and restore”, “mounts and storage” and “advanced”. Out of these options, all you need to do is to just select the option of “install zip from sd card”.
- As soon you select the same, you will have to choose the option of “choose zip from sdcard” after which you will have to select the zip file which you have placed in your phone. Please note that you can select the same with the help of the Center button in your Galaxy S.
- After this the Gtalk will be updated and will hardly take 15 – 30 seconds to apply the update on your phone. Once the update is applied successfully then you will be intimated on the screen after which you need to select the option of “Go Back” and then choose to “reboot system now” after which the device will be rebooted.
- That’s it you can now enjoy the Video calling as well as Audio calling facility on your Galaxy S GT I9000. Just in case if the update is not applied successfully then you will have to repeat the process again.
Do, let us know if you face any issues after the application of the update and also ensure that you follow every single instruction which is mentioned above or else you will not be able to enjoy this application. If you want to revoke the root access then do let us know about the same in the comments section as we will help you out with the same. The simple way to unroot the device is to first clear the cache from the recovery mode along with the Wipe data option and then you need to again reapply the update of the Stock ROM.