How to Convert & Watch Movies on Samsung Galaxy Tab
Watching movies on a 7 inched screen Galaxy Tab is really a great idea but many times due to endless extensions the movie experience may become sometimes a boring one. So, we will guide you on how you can convert DVD as well as video files which is nothing but the optimization, so that you can get the most out of the video. So, let’s check out on how you can optimize the videos and DVDs for your Galaxy Tab with the help of a software tool called Handbrake. Before we proceed, make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Handbrake Software, Video files or the DVD files of your choice which you wish to optimize, Galaxy Tab and also micro USB cable so that you can connect the same with the computer. There are 5 simple steps mentioned below with which you will be easily able to convert the videos for your Galaxy Tab.
Open Handbrake software and Select the Video Source:
- Open the downloaded Handbrake software tool and install the same on your computer. After installing, in the Menu on the right-hand side, you will have to select the iPod Legacy option from the preset as shown above.
- Now, you will have to select your video source which can be done by simply clicking on the Source drop down menu.
- No after this, simply select the destination and rename the file once it has been converted like for .mp4 as well as .m4a which support the best for Galaxy Tab.
- Now, you need to confirm that the container is set to MP4 File and that Large file size which is Web optimized, and also un check the iPod 5G support.
Adjust Video Settings in Handbrake
- Now, for adjusting the video settings, you need to uncheck the aspect ratio and then you need to set the width as of Galaxy tab which supports a maximum of x 600 pixels of resolution.
- As shown above, you need to set the Hand brake’s encoding settings which can be done by clicking on the Video tab option which is just next to the Video Filter’s tab.
- Now, simply confirm the Video Codec which is set as H.264 (x264) and also frame rate which is nothing but frames per second should be set to same as source or else picture will get distorted.
- Under the Quality , you will need to select the Avg Bit rate (kbps) change it to 1500.
Adjust Audio Settings
- For setting the hand brake’s audio settings, you need to first click on the Audio tab as mentioned below which is just next to Video tab.
- First, you will need to confirm the Audio Codec which is nothing but the AAC.
- Then next you need to mix down which should be set to Stereo
- Now, you need to change the Sample rate to 48 kbps as shown in the snapshot below.
- Now, you need to change the Bit rate to 160 kbps
Save as Preset
- Now, you need to click on the Presets menu and then you need to select the New Preset
- After this, you will need to enter Galaxy Tab in the dialog box and simply need to click on Add
- After this you need to click on the “Galaxy Tab” option after which this preset will now be saved and the same will be listed on the right hand side in Handbrake screen which can be used in the future as you again need not configure the whole audio and video conversions. All conversions done under this preset will be the same.
Convert the Video and transfer to Galaxy Tab
So, now after setting the parameters and saving the preset for future use, you need to click on the Start button in the Handbrake. After this you will see that a command line / DOS window will be opening up after which the video conversion process will be starting up. So, as soon as the conversion is done, mount the Galaxy tab on your computer via USB. After mounting, you need to create a folder which is named as Video in the root folder on the Galaxy Tab. Now, simply copy the converted file on your Video folder of your Galaxy Tab.
This is it, now you now have successfully converted the video and can now be played on your Galaxy Tab suing the gallery application. Since the converted video exactly fits the screen, the video will look perfect on your Samsung Galaxy Tab. There are few things which you need to take care of so that you can seamlessly enjoy the video experience on your Samsung Galaxy Tab, like you need to ensure that videos are not more than 2GB of size as Galaxy tab doesn’t like playing videos which are sizing >2GB. Also, most importantly you will need to ensure that the source of video is a good one. If you have a source which is over 1024 X 600 then you need to ensure that it’s not bigger than 1024 x 600 which can be done by following the above steps. Do share us with us if you face any problems in converting the videos in the comment section.