How to Flash CyanogenMod 7 to HTC Aria
After rooting HTC Aria, let’s see on how you can install the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 7 which comes with added battery power and other tweaks which also improves the overall speed and user interface. Please note that before proceeding to install the Cyanogen Mod 7 firmware, you will have to ensure that you have rooted your HTC Aria phone and also you have to make sure that you have taken a backup of all data in your phone including your contacts, messages and applications.
Please note that, if you have synced your phone with your Google account, your contacts, calendar, Gmail, and some Google data will not be lost and will come back after the next sync. Alternatively, you can also transfer all the phone contents in your SD card as the SD card contents are not wiped off but it’s recommended to back up that too as in an unlikely event you may lose all the details in your phone as well as in the SD Card. Also, if your device is operator locked then please note that your operator might have optimized the current firmware in your device, so some of the operator specific apps may not come bundled, though these can be downloaded and installed at a later stage. Though rooting voids the warranty, we can again un root the device so that warranty becomes intact.
So, before we proceed for the step by step procedure you will have to first install the ClockworkMod recovery in your phone which can be downloaded from the Android Marketplace after which you can flash your device out of choosing from any one method of your choice.
Please note that you have already installed the clockwork mod in your phone then you need not follow the below procedure and for all those who haven’t installed the clockwork mod in their computer then you can follow the below mentioned procedure with which you will be easily able to install the clockwork mod recovery easily on your Android device.
Procedure to install clockwork Mod recovery in HTC Aria:
- From your HTC Aria phone open the Android Market place app and search for “ROM Manager” after which download and install the same.
- Now, after installing the application, open the same and select the “Flash ClockworkMod Recovery” option from the list to proceed.
- Now, select the device “HTC Aria” after which you need to accept the root permission which will be popped up in the next step after selecting the device. If it prompts for the Super user access then you will have to make sure that you choose “Remember” or “Always” option before you select the “Allow” option.
- After this some users may experience some issues like the freezing up of the device or sometimes you may have to force close the application, in this case you will have to allow it to do the same and then open its backup and repeat the above procedure to finish the process.
- Now, if the process gets successful then you will get a notification that “Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery” after which simply select on the option “OK”.
Procedure to flash Cyanogen Mod on your HTC Aria:
- So, now after successfully flashing the Clockwork mod recovery, you now have to launch the ROM Manager app and then you will have to choose the option Flash “Clockwork Mod recovery” for updating the latest version.
- Now, select the download ROM option from the main menu which is there in the ROM Manager after which you will have to choose the “Cyanogen Mod” option from the list after which simply choose the latest version of Cyanogen mod from the menu itself. Please note that if you want the default Google apps too along with the cyanogen mod then you will have to select the Google Apps option too in the list.
- So, once the ROM is finished with downloading the required files, you will have to now select the option “Backup existing ROM” along with “Wipe Data and Clear Cache” f prompted by the super user as this one deletes all unwanted previous version system clutter files which is unwanted.
- So, after accepting all the notifications, the HTC aria will be restarting and will reboot in the recovery mode where in you will have to select “Wipe Data and Clear Cache” and then you will have to select the option of installing Cyanogen Mod. So, now as soon as the installation of the file systems is finished, this will reboot your device in the Cyanogen Mod successfully.
Procedure to flash the Cyanogen Mod via Recovery Mode:
- Alternatively you can also install this firmware via Recovery method. First, you will have to download the latest version of Cyanogen Mod along with the Google Apps for your device from your computer.
- Now, after this you will have to place this Cyanogen mod update.zip file on the root of the SD card along with the GoogleApps.zip in the root of your SD Card.
- Now, boot the device in the clockwork mod recovery and once the device boots in the Clockwork mod Recovery, with the help of side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select the option.
- Now, you will have to select the option of “Wipe data/factory reset” and then you will have to choose “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from SD card”. Now, you will have to choose the “Cyanogenmodupdate.zip”. after installing this, you will have to install the Google Apps by performing steps again by choosing the GoogleAppsupdate.zip.
- Now, once the installation is finished you will have to select the OK option after which you will have to go back to the Main Menu and then you will have to select the “Reboot system now” option and need to select “Ok”.
As soon as you select the option, the device will be rebooted and then HTC Aria will now boot in the cyanogen Mod. Do, let us know if you come across any problems.