How to Root Galaxy S on Android 2.3.3 XXJVK Firmware
Wanted to get the most out of your Galaxy S? So, let’s check out how you can do it, we will see on how you can root your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 so that you can unlock the potential of your Galaxy S. But before that make sure that rooting actually voids the warranty and is only good for the people who actually know the rooting benefits and also can make use of apps which are only available for the phones which are rooted. But it’s recommended that normal users along with the users whose phone is locked or operator specific don’t perform this rooting process or else your phone may get unstable due to the overwrite of critical system files. Before proceeding to update ensure that you sync all your contacts with your Google Account, all sms, apps, videos and music files which are there in your phone should be taken a backup or else the data will be lost. Anything which is in SD card will not be lost, so you can alternatively move to SD Card.
- Make sure that you have installed the latest firmware of XXJVK 2.3.3 on your Galaxy S GT I9000 phone, or else if you continue without that your phone will be bricked as the base file goes missing which XXJVK 2.3.3 acts,
- Download the below mentioned files,
which are there in the Rooting Package for XXJVK which you will have to download it from here (Password : androidadvices.com).
- Ensure that your phone’s battery is charged to the maximum and also ensure that you keep USB cable along with your phone as handy.
- This procedure is not applicable for those who has operator locked phones as warranty voids.
Procedure to root Galaxy S with Android 2.3.3 XXJVK Firmware:
- After downloading the above files, you will have to extract CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1_NO-CWM on your computer which you have downloaded so that you get a .tar file which we will be using it in the due course of article.
- Now, double click on “Kernel XXJVK” and select the “Extract” option.
- Now you will have to switch off the Galaxy S and wait till the phone vibrates which means that phone is completely off now.
- Next up you will have to start download mode in Samsung Galaxy S GT I 9000, you need to hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Now in Odin, you need to ensure that the options like “Re Partition” is not checked and keep the options like “Auto Reboot” and “F: Reset Time” boxes as checked and keep rest all of the options as open.
- Now, click the PDA tab from the Odin and choose CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1.tar file which is extracted in the above step.
- Now, you will have to click on the flash option and will take few minutes for flashing and will preferably take few minutes.
- After this you will see that your phone has been rooted and you can check it as the Superuser app will be available in the app drawer section.
- After this process, again get into the download mode by following the same procedure so that again you need to flash the XXJVK Kernel which is extracted in the above step.
- Now, Open the Odin and connect your phone with the computer and after connecting, simply click on the “Reset” button and you will see that “Added” notification is there in the message box. Make sure that you have unchecked the “Re-Partition” option and kept the tick on “Auto Reboot” as well as on the “F.Reset time”
- Now, after selecting the options as mentioned above, click on the “PDA” button and select the unzipped “Kernel XXJVK.tar” file and simply click on the start option and wait for the procedure to get completed and start the reboot the device.
You can also go through our following video for easy understanding on this rooting process.
There you go, you have now successfully rooted your Galaxy S GT I9000, do let us know if you face any problems as we will help you in getting out of it.