So, how many of them has HTC Desire HD? Yes, so quite a few of the users might be having an all new and Powerful HTC Desire HD. Now, many of them might be confused and might be lost on what’s the correct and reliable way wherein you can root your HTC desire HD easily. So, here we come to your rescue as we just not only write an article but also try to solve all your problems while following the tutorial, So in short we will guide you on how you can root your Desire HD in the due course of the article.
Prior some days back there was an app called “Visionary” which messed up with quite a few phones which actually was supposed to root the Desire hd but failed to do so and created some of the major issues with the registry entries and still some of the blogs are mentioning and recommending the same for rooting but we will see a manual methods which is much more reliable and safe than any other. If you are a newbie then let me tell you that some of the applications in the Android Market Place demand for the phone to be rooted and there comes the requirement for the Rooting of the phone.
Though rooting voids the warranty but is sometimes very beneficial for the users who wish to explore their Android phone which is there to provide endless capabilities and also opens up your device to whole new apps. It’s recommended for all those who will not be taking full advantage of as just because of rooting users will not get additional apps as you will have to search for the apps which requires the root access. There are two types of rooting techniques, one is the temporary root and another one is the permanent root, there is no benefit of temporary rooting the device as just with a simple restart the phone will be un rooted and will be back to normal, so we will look out on how you can permanently root your desire HD.
Please note that it’s very important to take a backup of all your sms, phonebook contacts, applications, images, music and other data as while rooting you may lose all your phone’s data in an unlikely event. Before we proceed for rooting the HTC Desire HD phone you will have to ensure that you have followed the following mentioned pre requisites as mentioned below or else the rooting process will not be smooth and also you will end up with problems as in which can be solved by re following the procedure. Also, before proceeding make sure that if you have downloaded and installed the visionary app then you have uninstalled and removed the same.
- First up most importantly you will have to ensure that you have the phone’s current firmware as 1.32.405.6 or the lower version and not 1.72 or 1.75. If you have the versions of 1.72 or 1.75 then you will have to downgrade the version to 1.32.405.6 by following the tutorial to downgrade. Note that the version number can be checked by first going to “Settings” > “About Phone” > “Firmware Version” where the version number will be mentioned.
- Next up make sure that you have at least 75 % of battery charge available in your phone so that your phone doesn’t get switched off while the rooting process as this will eat up bit higher battery.
- Now, after checking the version of the firmware, you will have to have the ADB setup in your computer.
- After this you will have to download the temporary root package to your computer and the same needs to be extracted after which you will have to download and install the application called the “Terminal emulator” from the Android Market Place.
- Next up you will also have to download the gfree in your computer and need to extract the same in your computer.
As i have mentioned above that there are two ways with which you can root your HTC Desire, one is the temporary root and another one is the permanent root, so let’s check out both of the procedures out of which you can select any one
Procedure to Temporary Root HTC Desire HD:
- First up you will have to copy the downloaded “Temporary Root Package” in the “platforms tools” which is located in the Android SDK.
- After this you need to put your HTC Desire HD in the USB debugging mode, this can be done by going to “Applications” then to “Settings” and then choose “Applications” then “Development” and then choose the “USB debugging” option to enter the same.
- Now, from your computer you will have to enter into the Command Prompt and after that you will have to run in the below mentioned commands as mentioned below one by one carefully.
adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
adb push rage /data/local/tmp/rage
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox
adb push root /data/local/tmp/root
adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/tmp/*
- Now, till the processing gets finished, you need to take a pause and as soon as it gets finished you will see that on screen it will be written as “Forked #### childs” after which you will have to press the “Menu” button and simply select the “Reset term” after which the terminal window will get exited.
- Now, again you will have to open the Terminal Emulator which will force close this time, but you need to open the same again as it finishes the driver installation in the meanwhile after which you will have a root shell and there you go you have now successfully rooted your htc desire HD phone temporarily.
Procedure to Permanent Root HTC Desire HD:
After moving the gfree package contents to the platform-tools folder which is in the Android’d SDK folder you will have to next up put your phone in the USB Debugging mode.
Now, next up you will have to connect the HTC Desire to the computer with the help of the USB cable after which you will have to open the command prompt.
In the command prompt you will have to key in the following commands as mentioned below,
adb push gfree /data/local
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/gfree
- After this you will have to now launch the downloaded and installed Terminal Emulator application on your HTC Desire HD which you have downloaded from the Android Market Place and need to run the below mentioned commands.
- Now after entering the above commands, you will get an unexpected error, ignore the same and wait for the same to process the internal commands and processes. Now after processing if it gives out an error of “Powercycle the eMMC” then this means that your batch of HTC Desire doesn’t support the gfree v0.04 though this one is very rare, in such case you need to download the gfree 0.02 version and follow the above instructional procedure again from the start.
That’s it you have now successfully rooted your HTC Desire HD. Do, let us know if you came across any problems then do let us know, we will help you out with the same.