- Now, click on the “Start” option to start flashing the same and then as soon as the process is completed you will see that the device will be rebooting. As soon as the device is rebooted you will have to use the “adb root” command so that you can restart the device in the ADB root mode after which you will have to insert the command “adb shell” to get a rooted shell and then you will have to manually push the Superuser.apk / su, Busybox or alternatively you can make use of Super One Click to root the Galaxy S2.
For newbies and Starters:
- First up you will have to download Odin as well as the XWKDD Kernel from here. Now, ensure that you have already installed the latest firmware of XWKDD for Galaxy S2, if not then you will have to install the same.
- Now, you will also have to download and extract the Super One click. Next up you will have to ensure that you have installed the latest version of KIES 2.0 version which will ensure that all the drivers are installed. After this in your device, you will have to ensure that the USB debugging is turned ON and the same can be done from Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- After turning ON the USB debugging mode, you will have to turn your device ON in the download mode. Download mode in Galaxy S 2 can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down button + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer the below picture if you are unable to enter into the download mode.
- After putting your phone in the download mode, open the Odin. Now, after opening the Odin you will have to connect your phone to the computer while keeping the Odin open and select XWKDD_insecure.tar in the PDA option.
Note : Don’t use PIT and also ensure that none of the options are checked except for “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time”.
- Now, click on the “Start” option to start flashing the same and then as soon as the process is completed you will see that the device will be rebooting.
- As soon as the device is rebooted you will have to open the Super One Click and press on the Root tab and then you will see that the Galaxy S2 is rooted successfully.
That’s it you have now successfully rooted your Galaxy S2 GT I9100. Do let us know if you have any issues while rooting the device as we will solve the issues if there are any. After successfully rooting the device you will have to again configure the APN settings so that you can surf the internet.