How to unlock Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc Bootloader
Are you facing the bootloader mania for your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc? Then not any more, just like Samsung which has its Android devices with no what so ever sorts of boot loaders and also htc reviewing its decision on the boot loaders, Sony Ericsson too with the help of its developer site is spreading the word about the unlocking of the Sony Ericsson phones. So, just let’s check out on how you can easily unlock the bootloader of Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. Please note that after unlocking the boot loaders the warranty will be void and there is no way that you can claim the warranty back. So, only proceed if you are sure of the Warranty void and know what you are doing as we should not be held responsible for the warranty loss in any manner.
So, let’s check out on how you can proceed for unlocking the boot loader. Please note that its very highly recommended to follow the instructions which are mentioned below as even if you skip one single step which is mentioned below then there is a high probability that you will brick your phone. Also, you will be rejoiced that after unlocking the boot loader you will be easily able to load the official Gingerbread 2.3.3 release for your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc.
The latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.3 is rolling out in many countries starting from Hong Kong and before we see on how the users of Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc around the world can install the Gingerbread 2.3.3 release of firmware. So, as soon as the boot loader is unlocked for your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, you can proceed to update Gingerbread 2.3.3 for Xperia Arc. Note that before proceeding ensure that your phone is Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and not any other phone.
Please note that we should not be held responsible for any damage or loss in any manner to your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc which is unlikely if you follow the below mentioned instructions carefully. So, let’s proceed for the same. Also, its very important on not to interrupt the Boot loading process in the middle of the processing time as its very dangerous and also could lead to the bricking of the phone.
Pre Bootloader Unlocking instructions:
- In an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your Xperia Arc, so it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data like call log, messages, applications, music, videos and other data which is present in the phone, so that you can restore the same once the rooting process is completed. Though after the boot loading process gets finished you can easily restore all the contents which you have created the back up of all the things.
- It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted. Also, additionally ensure that you have also backed up the MMS Settings and other settings as in an unlikely event sometimes you may end up losing all the 3G Settings as well as the APN or MMS settings in the process of Rooting the device.
Procedure to unlock Bootloader for Xperia Arc:
- First up you will have to download the fastboot package fastboot package as well as the 32 or 64 bit drivers. After downloading both of them in your computer, you will have to follow the instructions which are mentioned over here and then at the bottom of that page you will have to click on the “Continue” option which is situated at the bottom of the page after which you will get the notification which is as shown below,
- Now, as you can see that the legal terms will have to be accepted which says that the phone’s warranty will be void and also will take a permission from you that all future repairs at the Sony will be charged accordingly as the warranty is void. Now, next up you will have to enter in the details like IMEI, you name and also the email address as prompted to enter in the below screen shot.
- Please note that the IMEI number can be found by dialing “*#06#” from your phone and then after entering and sending the details, you will be getting the return mail which will be containing the unique unlock key.
- Now, all you need to do is to just extract the fastboot.rar file which you have downloaded from the above link and then need to open the fastboot folder.
- Now, just hold the SHIFT key and just right click on the background of the folder after which you will have to select the option of “Open Command window here” after which you will have to connect the phone in the fast boot mode which can be done by turning off the phone first and then hold the menu button and simply plug the USB cable.
- Now, in the cmd windows you will have to type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version and after this if the value is returned then it means that the phone is not connected properly so in this case you will have to repeat the process of connecting the phone.
- Now, again type in the command as fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the key provided in the email which you have got.
That’s it, there you go you have successfully unlocked the boot loader for your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. If just in any case if its not getting unlocked you will have to repeat the whole process again from the start so as to facilitate the unlocking of the boot loader.
Do let us know if you face any issues while performing this boot loader’s unlocking. If the device is rebooting again and again after performing or is going into the loop mode then just pull off the battery and re insert the same and then proceed to follow the instructions which are mentioned above from the start. Please note this unlocking the boot loader can be done from any version and is irrespective of country specific which means that any one from any part of the World can unlock the boot loader. Even if the device is on any other ROMs then too you can proceed to unlock the boot loader.