How To Update Samsung Galaxy S 4G to Gingerbread 2.3.3 Firmware
With a responsive and super AMOLED display it only displays the brilliance which always is reflected by this fabulous handset called Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959V. So, now all the owners will now be rejoiced as we will now check out on how you can easily install the latest firmware of Android 2.3.3 which has now been leaked. Do, note that this Android’s Gingerbread version is a leak version and not the original version but installing with this version of firmware doesn’t mean that you have either rooted your device or ended the warranty as we will just be looking on how you can update the firmware and not the rooting process. We will also soon bring a procedure on how you can even root your device.
Also, we hold no responsibility in any manner if you follow or download files from any other forums or sites as we ensure that all the firmware upgrade files are Safe to use along with a detailed update guide. The best part is that we provide total free support for your Android device which means just in an unlikely case if you face any issues while upgrading your device then we will ensure that you get out of this situation.
Please note that any one from any part of the World can proceed and update their device of SAMSUNG Galaxy S 4G handset but the only condition being that you should ensure that your phone is with the T Mobile and with no other operator. The simplest way to find whether the device is network locked or not then you can just find by a simply trick that is if you see any operator’s name on the phone then it’s a Network locked phone and this update is not for you guys. Now, you may ask that whether such firmware updates are safe for the phone? The answer is that, yes they are cent percent safe if and only if you are following the procedure which is mentioned on this site which is androidadvices.com.
So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can update the device with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.3. Also, soon the next upgrade options for the Galaxy S 4G that are Gingerbread 2.3.4 which will arrive and the same will be updated on this site. So, let’s proceed and see on what are the pre requisites which you will have to follow before we proceed for the procedure to update the device along with the things which are now improved in this update with the instructions to update the device.
Pre requisites for Firmware update:
- Please note that before proceeding to the updation of the Galaxy S 4G, ensure that your phone is having the model number as Samsung Galaxy and not any other similar looking phones as if you install with this firmware then some of the functionalities won’t run and could even lead to serious damage to your phone.
- Ensure that all data which is present in your phone is backed up in your computer which can be done by using the Astro File Manager application. Also, you can manage all contacts by syncing all of them with the Gmail.
- Next up ensure that you have removed the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in the phone,
- After this, ensure that you keep some things like USB cable which you have got with your Galaxy S 4G device,
- Most importantly you need to ensure that your phone has atleast 50-60% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
- Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
- (Optional) Many of the Galaxy S 4G users have reported the problem that they are unable to get into the download mode which is the top most necessity for updating your device, so for all those we came up with a tutorial here, just follow the given instructions and you can easily fix the download mode and also the recovery mode bug. This procedure is only for those whose devices unable to get into the download mode and the recovery mode.
- Please note that flashing with the firmwares doesn’t mean that you are ROOTING Galaxy S. If you have flashed with Voodoo Lag fixes then too you can easily flash your device with this firmware.
- Ensure that you have closed the KIES completely and also disable any firewalls, antivirus if any. Be rest assured as all the files which are mentioned in this article are safe and virus free.
Improvements in Gingerbread 2.3.3 update:
- his all new update of Gingerbread 2.2.2 ropes in the better overall refinement of battery performance as it’s optimized further to give long battery life. With this update of 2.3.3 VUVKF1, the battery life has been optimized by around 15% overall and also the quadrant ranks have been substantially improved.
- Apart from the battery life, this new update comes along with an all new faster and more interactive user interface which is the best part of this update.
- Many of the users faced issues with the GPS as well as frequent disconnection in the Wi Fi after a particular interval of time which is now overcomed in this update of Froyo.
- Now, the free RAM too is increased and it also releases more RAM to the users directly so that the phone becomes much faster as the RAM availability has been increased to the users so that apps can make use of it and also the start-up time has been marginally reduced by two points. The quadrant speeds have been substantially improved and also the user interface is now much speedier than before. This update is considered as the major update with almost all the fixes.
- First up you will have to proceed and download a file which is Gingerbread 2.3.3 firmware file for Galaxy S 4G. This version of Gingerbread for Galaxy S 4G is dubbed as the VUVKF1_2.3 and is not an official version. As soon as you download the same, you just need to ensure that you extract the same to your desktop and in the process of extraction, it will prompt you to enter the password. Enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas. Please note that you should not rename the file in any manner or else the files won’t be recognized by the flashing tool which is Odin in this case
- After extraction of the Zip files, you will see the files in that folder as shown in the below screen shot.
- Please note that if you even doesn’t have one file from the above shown screen shot then you will have to again download the zip file and extract the same. Now, once you complete extracting the files, just click on the Odin folder and then the Odin.exe file to open that flashing software client. There are many versions of Odin which are currently available and are provided by other forums but beware of using them as they are not recommended and the one which comes along with the above mentioned zip file is the recommended one. So, just open the same in your computer after which it will look like the below screen shot,
- So, once you open the Odin in your computer, you now have to switch Off the Phone and need to enter the phone in the download mode. To enter the phone in the download mode, first of all you will have to turn Off your Galaxy S 4G and then just hold down the Volume down key and then press the Power ON button simultaneously to turn ON the device in the download mode after which you will see the screen as shown below.
- Now, after this you will have to connect the phone to the computer where you have downloaded and extracted the zip file from the above link. Please note that while connecting the USB cable you will have to make sure that the Odin software is open as mentioned and shown above, as soon as you connect the phone to the Odin, the ID COM block will turn yellow after which you will have to enter the files by clicking on the corresponding options as shown below,
PDA – CODE_T959VUVKF1_CL270364_REV00_user_low_noship.tar.md5,
Phone – T959VUVKF1-Phone-CL1020302.tar.md5,
CSC – SGH-T959V-CSC-TMB-VIBRANTP.tar.md5
Note : Ensure that the Re Partition option is not checked and you double check all the files before proceeding.
- Now after you feed in the files, you will have to double check the same and then you will have to proceed and click on the “Start” option to start the firmware update process. After clicking on the start, you will see that the firmware will be installed in your phone within a time of not more than 5 minutes. After this, you can see that the flashing process is being in process and you will have to make sure that you don’t interrupt the flashing process as this may be fatal for your phone. So, after few minutes of time you will see the Odin screen as shown below,
- Now, that’s it as soon as you see that the above screen is shown in the Odin, you will have to wait for the home screen to see in the phone and there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest firmware of 2.3.3 Gingerbread for your Galaxy S 4G Android phone. Now, after this you will have reset the phone just to ensure that all the cache data is erased which can be done by following the below step.
For checking on which firmware you are currently on, you will have to go to the Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will find the version of Android OS where it will show Froyo 2.3.3. So, let us know if you face any sorts of issues as we will see to it that all issues are resolved. Alternatively, you can also dial *#1234# to check the version number. Do let us know if you face any issues while updating as we will ensure that all the problems are solved.