How to Update Viewsonic ViewPad to Froyo 2.2 Firmware Update
For all those who are having an all new View Pad 10 tablet then you have finally have a reason to cheer as most of the users who were having the View Pad 10 sent enormous requests to the company regarding the Froyo 2.2 update but due to public demand and pressure mounting on the company, the View sonic has decided to bring on the much awaited update which we will be seeing in the due course of the article. Many new features have been included in this Froyo update. The only drawback is that the update is not available over the air and you will have to manually update your phone, but we will guide you on how to update your device without needing you to visit the service centre to update the same.
This View sonic dual booting tablet of 10” just got more appealing as this tablet of View sonic 10 not only will boot the Android’s Froyo operating system but also comes along with the latest Windows 7 operating system. Not only this the hardware is such an excellently built that it can View sonic 10 can easily handle the upcoming version of Windows 8 as well as the latest 2.3.3 or even the 2.3.4 hot version of Gingerbread for View sonic 10. Though there is not any estimated time of Arrival, but we promise that as soon as any update arrives for View sonic 10 we will surely update the same at Androidadvices. Just in case if you missed out the specifications chart then we will spread the light on the same.
This update brings on several improvements which many Android fans will now be familiar with such as mobile hot spot functionality which is a great functionality and Flash 10.1 support, but in an exclusive move you can even update your View sonic 10 with the latest version of Adobe Flash 10.2 version. Please note that you will have to first update the version of firmware to 2.1. As this tablet comes with the solid hardware of 1.66 GHz of Intel Pine trail processor, super speed 2GB of RAM a 32 GB of SSD while there is a model of 16 GB of SSD version as well and the update can be applied for both of the tablet versions. Also, this tablet comes along with the 1.3 MP of camera along with the 10.1 inches of display but with lesser battery Life Company might have disappointed some of the multitasking people. Also, most importantly the update optimizes the battery life drastically along with this the update ropes in many further optimizations which is very helpful in the faster speeds of the View sonic tab.
So, let’s proceed and see on how you can easily update with the latest version of Froyo 2.2 version. Please note that you will have to first create the USB boot drive first and then you will have to proceed to update the View sonic 10 model. Also, it’s recommended to follow each and every single instruction carefully or else the updation process won’t be successful.
Procedure to Create USB Boot Drive:
- First up you will have to ensure that you have a minimum of 1GB of thumb drive and then you will have to create the bootable USB drive which is nothing but from the ISO file.
- Please note that you will have to first up download the update for View sonic 10. After this you will also have to download the Android 2.2 ISO file for View Sonic from here.
Create USB Boot Drive:
- First up you will have to download the UNETBOOTIN and also along with that the ISO file of Android Froyo 2.2 update. And then insert the thumb drive to the open USB port.
- After this you will have to run the UNETBOOTIN and then you will have to select the Disk image as well as the ISO file which you have downloaded.
- Now, after this click on the browse button and select the ISO file which you have downloaded and then if the USB drive is properly detected then you will see that the drive letter is automatically entered automatically. If the drive letter is incorrect then you will have to click the down sided arrow and then need to correct the drive letter which is assigned to the USB drive.
- Now next up you will have to Click OK and then you will have to wait until the process is done.
Pre Requisites for updating Motorola Atrix 4G:
- Ensure that you have a computer which has a processing speed of equal or greater to 400 MHz along with the minimum RAM of 256 MB with a minimum available hard disk space of 250 MB. Additionally, also ensure that you have a minimum of USB 1.1 in your computer or Laptop.
- Since you will have to connect View sonic View Pad 10 with your computer, ensure that you have kept USB cable handy and also note that your device should be at least 50 % charged to facilitate smoother firmware update.
- Please note that this update is only available for att powered View sonic View Pad 10 phones and not for any other phones.
- Since the firmware update process will take place it’s always advised to create a backup of all the data as in an unlikely even you may end up losing all the information which is present in your phone. So, that’s why the data which needs to be backed up are contacts, messages, call log, applications, images, songs and other multimedia data in your phone which you can restore after the firmware update process.
- If your device has undergone the rooting process then after the update you will have to again root the device as the rooting access is filled by this update. The users who have already updated their device has reportedly said about the increase in the overall quadrant ranks along with many other great set of features.
- Ensure that you have an at least 50% of battery power so that update gets successfully completed as the firmware update requires more battery life than the normal usage.
Procedure to update Froyo 2.2 in View Pad 10:
- First up you will have to insert the USB Drive and then a USB keyboard to the View Pad 10 and then you will have to make sure that the AC adapter is connected so as to prevent the sudden loss of the power.
- After this you will have to turn the View Pad 10 ON and then click on the F 11 key from the keyboard when you see the splash screen.
- Now, select the USB drive which is there on the next screen and simply hit on Enter from the keyboard.
- In the Android screen, you will have to select the installation screen and then select the last item for installing the same to the hard drive.
- After this select the SDA1 Linux option, then select format as EXT 3.
- At this point of time you will be asked to select “Yes” which will be prompted on the next screen and then simply reboot the View pad after installation is done.
That’s it you have now successfully updated the firmware version of View Pad 10 to the froyo 2.2 version of operating system. Do let us know if you face any issues in the firmware update, just in an unlikely event if the View Pad crashes in between any process then you will have to follow the process again from the start so as to facilitate the smoother firmware update.
Note : You will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings.