Motorola Droid Bionic – Install Clock Work MOD Recovery and Nandroid Backup
In the last article we saw on how you can easily root the Motorola Droid Bionic and in this article we will check out on how you can install the bootstrap recovery in Motorola Droid Bionic and also see on how to NANDROID Backup all your data which is there stored in phone memory. This technique of NANDROID Backup will ensure that all the critical data like IMEI and other applications are backed up so that just in case if any data is corrupted then you can easily restore the same. In the next article we will check out on how you can update with the latest version of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 version of firmware.
Note: This process should only be applied on the Motorola Droid Bionic Phones only, if applied to any other phones then it may even brick the devices.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
Quick Pre Requisites:
It’s very important to back up all the data present in your phone so that just in case if any of the data is lost or corrupted then you can easily restore the same.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Ensure that you have ADMIN privileges in your computer so as To get the full USB read / write access. Close all the tools like Firewalls, Antivirus suites and also the PC Suites in your computer or else these tools will tend to interrupt the process of rooting. Ensure that the USB Debugging is enabled in your phone. The USB Debugging Mode in your phone can be entered from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Ensure that it’s ticked.
Let’s now head to the procedure which we will see in the next page.
Procedure to install Clock Work MOD Recovery and Nandroid Backup:
- First up you need to download the Droid BIONIC Bootstrap Recovery APK in your computer with md5 (082a6362c386e2660848120b681f42c3) and then you need to copy the same to your device so that you can open the same.
- Now, you need to ensure that the “Unknown Sources” are enabled in your phone.
- Once the application is installed, you now will have to open the application called “Bionic Boot strapper” and then you will get to see the screen which is shown below.
- Just in case if you are prompted, you need to select “Allow” this is nothing but the Super user permission. Now, tap on the “Bootstrap Recovery” and then you need to tap on the option of “Bootstrap Successful” and then you need to wait till the process is completed. Once the process is completed, you will have to then select “Reboot Recovery” to enter into the recovery mode.
So, in this way you have successfully installed the latest version of clock wok mod recovery and from the recovery mode you can easily take the Nandroid backup by the below mentioned procedure.
Procedure to take Nandroid Backup in Motorola Droid Bionic:
So, now you need to first enter into the recovery mode and then you will have to select the option of “Backup and Restore”.
- Select “Backup” from the list of options and then you need to press the Power button to start the backup process. Once it’s done, you then need to select “Reboot System” and then the phone will be booted normally after which you can see that the Nandroid backup is stored in the sd card.
- At any point of time just in case if you wish to restore the backup which you have created, then you need to get into the recovery mode, select “backup and restore” and then select the option of “restore” followed by the restore file.
So, Nandroid backup too is taken successfully. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section. We will try toi fix it at the earliest.