It may not have gone well with the hp with its Touch Pad as it’s almost discontinued but the only silver linings are that hp has made its touchpad platform of Web OS as OPEN which means that developers can make the most using the SDK Kit of Web OS which hp has recently released. So, what this means to you as a consumer is that you will now be able to customize the hp touchpad like never before. So, on the similar lines we will see on how you can Overclock the hp touch pad to a whopping 1.9GHz. By default hp touch pad comes with the processing power of 1.2Ghz but thanks to the developers who has cracked the code to safely overclock. The only thing which you need to ensure while overclocking is to follow the procedure as it is which is mentioned below. It was last time when we saw on how you can install Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 firmware.
Disclaimer: Though we have summed up the instructions up to the point but just in case if any damage happens to the device then we should not be held responsible or liable. It will be solely your responsibility if you are following this process. Just in case if anything happens, we will try our level best to sort out the same.
Quick Pre Requisistes:
- The minimum charge left in your device should be a minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of overclocking process.
- Backup all the data which is there in your device to your computer so as to ensure that just in case if anything happens to your data, the same can be restored.
- Ensure that the firmware of HP Touch PAD is the latest one and not the outdated one.
- Download the tools like Java SDK & Web OS Quick Install in your computer as we will be checking out on how you can use in the due course of the article.
So, let’s head to the procedure below on how you can overclock the hp touch pad.
Procedure to Overclock hp touchpad to 1.9 GHz:
- First up, you need to connect the hp touch pad to the computer with the help of USB cable but before that make sure that the USB Drive Mode is Disabled.
- Now, in your touchpad, type “webos20090606” without inverted comas.
- After this, tap on the same to turn it ON after which it will ask you to key in the password, leave it as blank .
- Run the downloaded Web OS Qucik install by double clicking on the same after which you will see that the device tab will be greyed out which means that the tablet is now recognized.
- In Web OS Quick Install, a red hot Globe like icon will be listed in the applications which you need to tap on the same to install. Now search for “Preware” in the applications and install the same.
- After this, open the Preware and in the drop down menu, choose the option “Manage Feeds > New Feed” and enter the “Name” and “url” as “webos-testing-all”, “http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/all” respectively.
- After this click on “Add Feed” after which it may show up the disclaimer which you can ignore it and then you will see the feed has been added successfully and now it’s time to add the second one with the “Name” & “URL” as “webos-testing-armv7” & “http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7” respectively.
- So assuming that two feeds have been successfully added, you can now go back to the main page of the Preware app by pressing the Back button.
- Now, select “List Everything” from the main menu options in the preware and find for the F15C Eagle. Now, this kernel will give you overclocking capability in your hp touch pad.
- Now, all you need to do is to install the kernel and once its installed successfully you will have to restart the hp touch pad.
So, in this way you can easily install the hp touch pad kernel for overclocking the same. Do let us know just in case if there is anything we can help you in this regards in the comments section below.