Procedure to turn S Off and Root HTC Chacha Phone:
- First up you need to download the CWM Recovery image file and also you need to download the Super user zip file from here to your computer. After downloading, you need to connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase and copy these two zip files as it is to your phone’s SD card. Once you finish copying, you need to remove the USB cable which you have connected. You should not rename the files or modify the contents in any manner or else these files won’t get detected in the process of updation.
- Now from the Settings page you need to Disable the Fast boot which you can do from the path Settings > power > Fast boot. After turning Off, you need to now press the Volume Down Key and continuing holding that you need to press the power button.
- Now, with the help of Volume button, you need to select the HBoot option after which it should show you the S Off.
- Now, it will scan the file automatically and will find for the file which is named as PH06IMG.zip on your SD Card after which you need to install it.
- Now, you will have to press the Volume Up key and then the flashing process will be started, once its done you will then be asked to reboot he phone manually.
- Once the phone gets rebooted, you again need to turn off the phone and then press the Volume Down Key and continuing holding that you need to press the power button and select the option of HBoot.
- Once you enter into the HBoot, the phone will scan the PH06IMG.zip which you have placed in the SD Card. Now, you need to enter into the Recovery mode by pressing the power button and the Volume key which will take you to the clock work mod recovery.
- Now, you need to select the option of “Apply zip from sd card” and select the zip file which is named as “su-184.108.40.206-ef-signed.zip” and confirm the selection by selecting the option of “Yes”. Now you will see that the once you select the file, within few seconds, the device will be rebooted and that’s it you have now successfully seen on how you can easily root and install the super user in your HTC Chacha.
Just in case after the above super user installation if you again land up in the recovery screen, then you need to select “++++ Go back ++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
Do let us know in the comments section below if you face any issues while rooting or installing the Super user as we will try to solve the same at the earliest..