Samsung Galaxy S2 4G Sky Rocket Phone users can now straight away root their smartphone, this smartphone comes bundled with the at&t wireless. Just in case if you have recently bought this phone and is your first Android phone, then we welcome you to the Android family and in the due course of this article we will see on how you will root the phone. Just in case if you are not well versed with the rooting process then we will not only guide you on how you can root the device but will also empower you with the knowledge on what exactly rooting is along with the merits as well as de merits.
Please note that rooting this device will void the warranty straight away but if you are a developer or a beta tester or an adventurer then you can surely proceed with the rooting process so as to make the most out of your Android smart phone.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is a process where the system files are provided with the access by the third party applications. This is very important if you wish to customize which you can do by installing the third party made custom ROMs and applications which makes use of the Rooting process.
Merits of Rooting:
There are several merits of rooting out of which we will just see some of them which are important.
- Rooting allows you to install the custom ROMs and also other beta firmwares which are leaked ones,
- It allows you to convert the file system from the laggy RFS to the faster ext4 formats,
- It also allows you to remove the system applications which come by default.
De Merits of Rooting:
There are not many de merits but just one, if you root your phone then the warranty gets void.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner if any damage happens to your device which is very unlikely if you follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned below. Also, please note that rooting the phone will void the warranty completely though the warranty can be reclaimed as soon as you update with the default firmware.
Backup all your data so that just in case if any data is lost then you can restore the same easily. So, now let’s proceed to the instructions to root the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G SGH I727.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 4G SGH I727 Android Phone:
- After downloading the rooting tool as well as the Samsung USB Drivers from the above downloads section, you now need to extract and install the USB drivers and then you need to enable the USB debugging in your phone. The USB Debugging Mode can be enabled from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- After this just connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Now from the extracted folder of Rooting tool which you downloaded above, you need to open the “root.bat” file which will be there in the Easy Root folder.
- Now, just in case if you are on either Linux or Mac based systems then you will have to make use of below mentioned commands.
sudo chmod 755 Linux-Mac.sh
So, in this way you have successfully learnt on how you can easily root the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G SGH I727 device. Do share us just in case if you face any issues as we will try to answer all your queries at the earliest.