Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest firmware of Android 5.0. The best part of this update is that this is the Official firmware version released by Samsung. Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner. Also, while Samsung takes few months from now for pushing this update, you can till then apply this Android 5.0 release in your device in simplest possible manner. This update can be applied to all the devices of Galaxy Note 3 N900 irrespective of the current firmware version. So let’s check out in detail on how to safely root your Galaxy S4 so that you can then make the most of the same.
Info: Applying this update won’t root / void the warranty.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data present in your device using below mentioned steps;
SMS – Download SMS Backup & Restore app and create the backup. Once done, transfer the backup file to your computer,
Call Log – Download Call log Backup & Restore app and create the backup. Once done, transfer the backup file to your computer,
Local Files – Transfer all the data like photos, downloads, music files, videos etc. to your computer.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 N900 should have a minimum of 50% or above,
- Navigate to Settings> Developer Options> check the USB Debugging option to enable the same.
Note: This is the Official Firmware released by Samsung and NOT the custom ROM or Beta firmware.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned pre requisites, let’s check out on what are the instructions with which you can apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Safely Update Galaxy Note 3 with Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Once done, turn Off your Galaxy Note 3 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Galaxy Note 3 can be entered in the download mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes in Odin and also alternatively make sure that the Re-Partition checkbox is ticked.
- Post connecting your deice to the computer in Download Mode, you will see that ID:COM section will turn Blue which indicates that device drivers are successfully installed.
- Click on “AP” to select the rooting tar file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Post update, device will be rebooted automatically. It typically takes around a 5 – 6 minutes for whole process.
- Navigate to the path “Settings > About Phone” to know the firmware version which is present in your device. The firmware version will be mentioned as Lollipop 5.0.
Note (Only if your device doesn’t boot or gets in the boot loop mode): If your device doesn’t boot, then just enter your device in the recovery mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy Note 3 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and select the appropriate options to factory reset the device.
Do let us know in the comments section if you come across any issues in the process of firmware update as we will be more than happy to help you.