Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 Android smartphone users can now install the latest version of Lollipop 5.0 OS which comes with the goodness of most of the Android 5.0 features. While Samsung seems to still take a while for coming out with this version of firmware, you can now make use of this new OS by installing the same in your device. This build of Android 5.0 is dubbed as XXUGBNL8 and can be applied on the N900 variant of Galaxy Note 3 only. Please note that this leaked Lollipop firmware is powered by Samsung’s Touch Wiz UI rather than the stock vanilla flavor found in Google Play Editions & Nexus devices. So let’s check out on what are the steps with which you can apply this update after checking out the detailed list of quick pre requisites.
This new update is very stable compared to the earlier versions of Lollipop 5.0 and also many other custom ROMs which promise to update your device with the Lollipop 5.0 Android OS.
Note: This update should strictly be applied only on international 3G variant of Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) and not on any other devices as it may even brick the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Make sure that you are creating a backup of all the data manually and not with the help of KIES. Create the back up of SMS, Call Log, Internal files like Videos, music etc., in your computer/ laptop so that the same can be restored after firmware update.
- Head over to the path “Settings > Developer Options” and enable the USB Debugging mode in your device and also make sure that your device is left with a minimum of 50%+ battery life.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have detailed the instructions for applying this firmware update.
Procedure to update Galaxy Note 3 with Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Download Odin and Lollipop 5.0 Android Update Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to unzip the same to get the files. Place all the files in one folder. Open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Galaxy Note 3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once the device gets into the Download Mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow or Blue indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file and other files as shown in the below screen capture which you got after extracting the rooting package to click on “Start” in Odin. Once you have clicked on the same, you need to wait for around 3 -4 minutes for the update process to get completed.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, device will reboot automatically. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and may take longer time in some cases.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below w.r.t your Note 3 device.