After a million of pre orders booking, the Kindle Fire is almost reached all the customers. Users nevertheless will be exploring the features and functionalists of it. Coming back to what we are known for, the firmware update, the Amazon has just released a minor firmware update to device.
Within no time the Amazon has provided a minor update to existing version of Kindle Fire and users would be happy to accept those updates. Though there is no description what news with this update but we guess there are minor improvements included in this update. In this due coarse of article we will go through on how to can you update your Kindle Fire with latest version of 6.2.
First you to ensure that which version of Amazon Kindle Fire software you are on. It might happen that your Kindle Fire would have come with 6.2 version pre installed. To determine that you should tap on Quick Settings icon, then tap on “More” and then on the “Device“. If your system version shows the current version as 6.2 then its clear that you are running the latest version on your device and its clearly understood that you are not required to go with the update. If your system version shows the current version as 6.0 or 6.1 then you can follow the instructions mentioned below to complete the 6.2 overlay on your Amazon Kindle Fire.
There are two ways in which you can update Kindle Fire to 6.2 which are Manual Update and automatic update. As usual, taking the backup of the existing files on your tablet is the primary step, do it and then proceed.
- To update Kindle via automatic method you should make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network and your battery is full charged. If you are not having any Wi-Fi connection then you should opt for manual update.
- Tap the Quick Settings icon located in the upper right corner of your handset and then tap on to “Sync“.
- The software update file will be automatically be downloaded in the background and it will be applied automatically.
If you have no Wi-Fi connection to proceed with automatic updates, we recommend you to go with manual update of the same.
- In the manual update of your phone, you need to download the Software update 6.2 on your computer.
- Now using the USB cable connect one end to Amazon Kindle Fire and other end to the USB port of your PC. As soon as you connect the Windows 7 PC will automatically download the respective drivers and make the device ready for use.
- Once that is done you will find a seperate drive on to your Windows parallel to other drives. It will be named as ‘Kindle’ by default.
- Now copy the download software file from your PC to the Kindleupdate folder on your Kindle Drive.
- Check whether the file is transferred correctly on to your device. Upon successful confirmation, you need to disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle Fire and on your PC which can be easily done by removing the USB cable connection.
- Ensuring that the battery is fully charged, you are now ready to proceed with the software update. To proceed, you should tap on the Quick Settings icon located on the top right corner of your screen and then tap on ‘More..’ followed by Device.
- Now select “Update Your Kindle” and your tablet will restart twice during the process of the firmware update.
- Once the update is completed the device will display “Current Version : 6.2“.
Also if you are not able to update your Kindle Fire software or encountered any difficulty during the update process, you should contact the Kindle Support by clicking on “Contact Us” option provided at the right hand column of the page. For easy assistance we have gone through a video explaining the same process.