Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users can now easily apply the latest custom ROM firmware version which exactly is the replica of the Galaxy S3 user interface. This SGS3 themed custom ROM firmware comes with the enhanced capabilities like Skorpion S2 kernel, over clockable to 1.4GHz and also it will give a FREE RAM of around 343 MB. Be informed that this is the custom ROM firmware and not the Official firmware released by Samsung Electronics. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisite instructions you need to follow and then we will check the detailed guide on how to apply this update. Full credits to the mkalter developer who has developed this firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Opera Mini
- Google Talk
- Apex Launcher
- Video Camera
- HD Video Playback
- Microphone in applications.
- Lots of other minor stuff.
Screen Captures of Galaxy S3 ROM for Galaxy S:
- Before proceeding to apply this update, you need to ensure that your Galaxy S GT I9000 is on the XXJW4 Rooted firmware. Just in case if you haven’t updated or on the rooted the firmware, then you will have to update and root the same with the help of below mentioned steps.
- Backup all the data present in your Galaxy S GT I9000 so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S GT I9000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
Special Instructions for users on Custom ROM Firmware:
- Ensure that Voodoo Lag fix or any other Lag fix is disabled in your device which you can do the same from the recovery mode. Also, additionally from the recovery mode, in “advanced” option you need to clear the Dalvik Cache before applying this update or else it may hamper the process of firmware update process.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up the detailed instructions on how to apply this update with the help of a simple tutorial.
Pages: 1 2