Samsung Galaxy S3 mini android smartphone can now be updated with the XXANC2 which ropes in the Jellybean 4.1.2 Android OS. While it doesn’t seem that Samsung will be coming up with the Kitkat 4.4.2 for Galaxy S3 mini, till then you can then make use of this firmware which comes with many big fixes along with the new features. We have mentioned the detailed list of quick pre requisites below and then after which we have summed up the detailed procedural instructions which will help you upgrade the firmware in your device.
Note: Please be noted that this update for Galaxy S4 mini which is dubbed as XXANC2 is the official firmware released by Samsung and not the custom ROM firmware. Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S3 mini should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the help of KIES tool as KIES may not help you to restore the data after applying this firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy S3 mini so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Minimum battery lkeft in your phone should be around 60%.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy S3 mini due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you upgrade the firmware of your Galaxy S3 Mini.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 mini with XXANC2 Jellybean 4.1.2:
- Download XXANC2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once done, you now need to extract both the zip files and open Odin in your device.
- Turn Off your Galaxy S3 mini so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons to enter Galaxy S3 mini in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S3 mini enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer while keeping Odin opened in your computer. Once connected, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Blue/ Green/ Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. Please note that it will take around 2 -3 minutes for applying the update.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware tar file to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once clicked on “Start”, the process of updating the firmware will start. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- As soon as the device gets rebooted, you can then head over to the Settings > More to check out the current version details in About Phone section where it will be mentioned as XXANC2 Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
- Very soon we will be coming up with the rooting procedure which will help you root the device and also will help you to install the custom ROM firmware which we will be coming up very shortly.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 I9300 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button and repeat the whole process again.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your Galaxy S3 mini with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 Android firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if ou face any issues.