Procedure to Install Gingerbread 2.3 in Droid Incredible 2:
- First, you will need to download and install the ROM Manager in your Android phone from the Android Market Place and then from your computer you will have to download the firmware zip file in your computer and need to unzip the same. Please note that at the time of unzipping it will prompt you to enter in the password where you will have to enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas. Please note that you don’t rename the files in any manner or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone.
- After downloading the firmware you need to now copy the downloaded firmware into the phone’s internal SD Card and not on the external SD card as sometimes the files in the external SD card may get corrupted.
- Now, launch the ROM Manager app which you have downloaded in your Android device and select Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery from the Recovery section and need to install the current recovery for your HTC Droid Incredible 2.
- You need to now have backup of current ROM so that if anything goes wrong with your device then you can get back to your last version. For doing this you will have to tap on the Backup current ROM option which is in the list of Backup and Restore section.
- Now, in the ROM Management list you need to tap on the Install ROM from SD Card and just need to wait for the process to get completed. It will take some time so there’s no need to worry if the screen is idle for few minutes.
- Now, after this you will have to download the Firmware in your computer and then you will have to open the zip file to get an exe file after which you will have to just follow the on screen instructions to update your phone with the same.
- So, once the firmware update is finished, the processing of the update starts and it will take an approximate time of 5 – 7 minutes. As soon as processing of the files gets finished you will see that the phone will be rebooted. Now you will have to select the option of “reboot” to reboot the same. After the reboot the home screen will be turned on, just in case if you are prompted to select the language then you will have to select the same.
That’s it, you have now successfully upgraded the HTC Droid Incredible 2 with the latest Android’s Gingerbread 2.3 version. Do, leave a comment below if you come across any of the issues as we are happy to help. Soon we will also come out with a tutorial on how to root HTC Droid Incredible 2 to 2.3. Please note that if you come across any issues then you will have to repeat the whole procedure again from the start so as to update the firmware again.