HTC EVO 3D (CDMA) users can now benefit from an all new Cyanogen Mod 7.1 version of firmware as in the due course of the article we will see about on how you can easily install this update. Please note that in the due course of the update the phone will have to be rooted after which the phone will lose the warranty. So, without wasting any further time we would like to tell you that this article is splitted into different sections where in we will see in this page on what are the list of enhancements as well as the list of disadvantages which this phone will come along with the Cyanogen Mod 7.1 version of firmware.
In the next page we will see about the instructions to apply this Cyanogen mod 7.1 update on your phone. Please note that you will have to also need to create the backup of all the data which is stored in the phone.
Caution: Please note that it’s very important to follow each and every single instruction which is mentioned in this article or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone. Also, this version of Cyanogen Mod is only tested and recommended for the HTC EVO 3D CDMA version. If you still continue to apply this update on to any other phone we should not be held responsible for the same.
So, let’s proceed to first look at the list of enhancements which this phone comes along and then followed by the pre upgrade instructions and then the instructions to apply the update in the next page.
Enhancements in Cyanogen mod 7.1 for HTC Evo 3D:
- This firmware brings along the magic of Gingerbread 2.3.7,
- Based on the Advanced Cyanogen mod kernel,
- Supports almost all the AOSP based kernels,
- Embedded with the advanced functionalities with new interface and stylings,
- Increased Quadrant Ranks when checked with Antutu benchmarking too
- Improved battery life.
- Supports the latest Android Market place 3.1.6,
- Comes with the better app management tools and facilities as it supports many folder lock applications which was not there earlier
There are few disadvantages of this ROM too which are:
- Battery issues after the update,
- There have been some force close errors which have been reported though the can be averted by clearing the cache data from the recovery mode.